Everol collections

Started by Lowprofile, May 27, 2016, 01:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Got the 12/0 today.
Custom engraved by Paolo Himself. ;)
Life is Good!

Steve-O

Ooooooooo.....pretty color! Almost too nice to fish....but I would.

Dominick

Really nice Daron.  Who is Paolo?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Dominick on September 19, 2016, 06:52:53 PM
Really nice Daron.  Who is Paolo?  Dominick

Dom, you should know by now Daron has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it comes to his international connections  ;D ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Paolo is the President of Everol Italy. The Main Man. ;)
Gianni Sganzerla and his son Paolo run the plant in Italy.
Have been doing so since 1958.
Life is Good!

Robert Janssen

I think I took that picture of Paolo and his dad, about ten years ago. It has been flying around the internet ever since.

fsrmn

Not that I need another 4/0, but I like the look of this one. If it is only for display I don't need it. The rod looks like it needs a lot of tlc.
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/spo/5784860835.html
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Shark Hunter

Henry,
That is a rare piece. I don't collect Cradle reels, But I guarantee if you buy that for the $100 price tag. It is worth at least 5 times that much, if not more.
Life is Good!

newport

I know that Everol and Penn uses the same numbers for their reel class (4/0, 6/0, etc), but how close are they to each other in actual size when compared to each other? I ask because I noticed even though the everol 6/0 is listed as a 50lb class reel like the penn's 6/0, the line capacity of the former is much larger, closer to a the 9/0, I think. It's a huge discrepancy, but I don't know if the everol is being very generous with their line capacities or if their 6/0s and 9/0s are just bigger than penn's. I don't want to buy a 9/0 everol Nd find out it is much bigger than what I expected.

Shark Hunter

If you are going to splurge for an Everol. I would buy a newer one. Parts are readily available.
Expect it to be big. Like you said, the 6/0 is the size of a 9/0. The 14/0 is as big as a 16/0.
The only model that seems close is the 12/0.
Life is Good!

thorhammer

My Waterproof Super 50's are the size of a 70 VSX International; about 1/3 more line capacity than Penn 50 VSW.

newport

I was afraid of that. I was hoping the two companies willingly kept it to somewhat of a uniform standard  :-\ knowing the 6/0 everol is pretty much the same line capacity as the senator 9/0, I would buy the 6/0 everol in a heartbeat, but their max drag is only at 18lbs. I'm not a drag junkie, but wanted a least 25lbs for a rail setup for tuna. Anyone own a 7 1/2 everol? I'm not ready to buy anything too big, until I find a reason to. Daron, its good to know that parts are readily available. I didn't think it was. I'm guessing parts are available from the US everol distributor?

Shark Hunter

I buy mine straight from Italy. The last time I tried to order parts from Everol USA. They didn't answer.
That 18lbs of drag is at full spool. At half spool its 27bs. Toward the end its 54lbs.
I don't have anything smaller than a 12/0 Everol. I have seen a 9/0 that Keith had in his shop. It was big.
12/0 Penn and 12/0 Everol.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

14/0 Everol and Penn 16/0.
Life is Good!