113H Lug Blank Recall

Started by Keta, May 28, 2016, 12:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

If anyone got lug blanks like the ones below send them back and I will fix them.  I do not have reading glasses and missed a few.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

David Hall

What's up with them?
I haven't had a chance to check mine yet.

Keta

Some were not cleaned up all of the way, from left to right, good, a little missed, good, more missed, a little missed, good, a lot missed, a little missed.  It is a small piece not cut to keep part from falling into the tank.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rancanfish

Lee, I rubbed them on a sheet of 2000 wet-r-dry for a couple minutes and they were fine.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Alto Mare

If this was an issue that the lugs needed to be sanded a little more, I would have done it and never contact Lee.
Unfortunately the marks are deep enough that if you sand them down clean, the lugs would sit below the plate lip.
The pic above is mine, I contacted Lee this morning, not to complain, but simply to ask if all other look the same.
Lee was willing to replace them, but I told him not to, I'm ok with those as they are, I was just asking a question.
The man does some amazing parts for us, any feedback, good or bad will make it that much better.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

Looked mine over and nothing a little 1200 grit won't cure, I'm keeping them.

Rancanfish

Yeah, I'm going to need a couple more sets Lee.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Keta on May 28, 2016, 12:35:54 PM
If anyone got lug blanks like the ones below send them back and I will fix them.  I do not have reading glasses and missed a few.

Recall ?? LMAO

Lee, I do not have reading glasses either, and they look perfect to me  :D :D You want em back, you're gonna hafta pay triple, cause I'm keeping mine
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Alto Mare

Clarifying....
I felt I needed to mention the marks on lugs, Lee always appreciates my input.
I never asked Lee to have a recall on those, or post my pic, this was his decision.

As stated above, I'm ok with mine.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I need input and want my parts to be the best I can make, it was my call to post this when I saw substandard work.  If I did not post this it would bother me every time I thought about it.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

You're a good man lee, but everyone else already know it.

Shark Hunter

Just to reinforce what has already been said. Lee does some amazing work. Most all his pieces are done by hand and he is very meticulous. The Man has some skills and takes pride in his work. It shows in every part I get from him.
Lee, You are a Class act my friend. ;)
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 29, 2016, 05:50:17 PM
Just to reinforce what has already been said. Lee does some amazing work. Most all his pieces are done by hand and he is very meticulous. The Man has some skills and takes pride in his work. It shows in every part I get from him.
Lee, You are a Class act my friend. ;)

Can I get an AMEN!!     ;D

Rancanfish

Amen.  8)

Lee has been nothing but good to me.  Generous to a fault.

If I was building stuff for the display shelf I might ask Lee what I need to do, but my focus is going to be getting all my reels ready for use.  I'm going fishing.