Hi from Yorkshire

Started by mikeferdinands, June 07, 2016, 12:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeferdinands

There seem to be a lot of Brits on the board called Mike, so here's another for you all.

I'm based pretty much in the centre of the UK, so East Coast and West Coast can be reached in two hours or so, either direction (its a small country).  I fish the shore and practically all my reels are old Ambassadeurs, from a 2500c up to an 8000c. I'm sort of intrigued by the vintage Penn reels - I like the no-nonsense design - but have never used one, and looking for more information has brought me here.

Cheers, Mike F

Bryan Young

Cheers Mike.  Welcome.  Hope you find what you need.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Welcome aboard, Mike --

All the best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

Welcome Mike. I'm in Essex :)

mikeferdinands

Haha!  I bet you know Russ at Blakdog. He's done some brilliant stuff on my Abu's.

Maxed Out

I Mike, welcome aboard.

There are many penns that would be well suited for your type of fishing. Simple yet rugged and easy to service, that's a Penn in a nut shell. Simple engineering and design from the 1930's can still be found in todays modern reels. Hard to go wrong with a good old Penn reel.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jerseymic

Welcome Mike.

Mike from Cornwall.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

strathy

Hiya, Mike,
I,ve just joined too.
Looks like theres a few other Brits on here.

Bill B

Welcome Mike...from the Sacramento California Delta...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!