A Grain of Sand

Started by Maxed Out, June 07, 2016, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Look up bling in the dictionary and there will be a picture of that reel.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

PacRat

Ted,
You smacked this one right out of the ballpark! Very well done. I'm impressed yet again.
Mike

David Hall

Gorgeous tank Ted, all silver really looks good.

Maxed Out

Quote from: xaf on June 07, 2016, 11:51:59 PM
Maxed Out, I realize cost was probably not a big consideration but do you know how much you spent on parts to put the reel together?

I have been considering making some of the same changes (at least to the internals) to several Senator 4/0s and 6/0s I don't use much anymore but have wondered about the cost.  

If you are just doing internals the cost is minimal compared to full on conversions.

For this particular reel I do not want to add up total cost, most on the forum know these are not a poor mans reels until you pay for the upgrades, then you are poor ;D ;D. I try not to buy all the parts at once, it's a little less painful that way. :D :D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

Quote from: Maxed Out on June 07, 2016, 02:37:29 AM
Quote from: Three se7ens on June 07, 2016, 02:23:37 AM
Looks great!  I really like the all silver look.

Is that a stainless eccentric?  It doesnt look like the stock brass one.

Adam, You have a sharp eye my friend. I was wondering who would notice first. Yes, it is steel. This eccentric is an older surfmaster part 19-200, then somewhere along the way Penn switched to brass. My guess is mid 80's, so they are still fairly easy to find as NOS. Fred may have a drawer full. :D :D

Hey Ted, are your Surfmaster eccentics really steel? On both of my Surfmasters they are plated brass...but they do look much nicer than the plain brass. I have a project I'll need to keep my eyes peeled for one of those steel ones.  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~