A Grain of Sand

Started by Maxed Out, June 07, 2016, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

I have patiently waited on all the components needed to build out a few of my 4/0 cortez plates. Stock guts just wont do for Toms masterpieces....

.....so here I go. Alan C's gear set, DD bridge, steel gear sleeve, yoke, jack, and a steel eccentric. Also installed Adams gear insert and a Sal star and Adams CB handle with Alan C's round aluminum knob. My addition is the custom made polished clamp. Also installed Lee's lug blanks.

Final product is a narrow 113H that was impossible to build a year ago, but thanks to the fantastically talented AT community it is no longer just a dream

I'm proud to own such a reel because of so much that went into it. The build was simple thanks to Sal,Tom H,Alan C,Adam,Lee,Dawn,Bryan,Randy P,Scotts B&T, and the whole AT community for the input and trial and errors shared along the way. Biggest thanks goes to Alan Tani for planting the seed and inspiring so much talent to blossom into what AT has become today. I am proud and humbled to be a grain of sand in the AT community..........and yes, this reel will get fished.....reeely soon.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Marcq

Man!!! Seriously, that reel as nothing to envy to today's reels   8)
Great!!
Marc..

steelhead_killer

Another great reel!  Love the silver spool! 
><)))">

Three se7ens

Looks great!  I really like the all silver look.

Is that a stainless eccentric?  It doesnt look like the stock brass one.

Alto Mare

Everything blends right in, even the wrench ;D. That eccentric lever needs to be replaced with the one from the 4/0 metal though.
One gorgeous reel that packs a punch!
Great job Ted!...I love it!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Three se7ens on June 07, 2016, 02:23:37 AM
Looks great!  I really like the all silver look.

Is that a stainless eccentric?  It doesnt look like the stock brass one.

Adam, You have a sharp eye my friend. I was wondering who would notice first. Yes, it is steel. This eccentric is an older surfmaster part 19-200, then somewhere along the way Penn switched to brass. My guess is mid 80's, so they are still fairly easy to find as NOS. Fred may have a drawer full. :D :D

Sal, I had 7 of those 113M shifters, but they're all spoken for already. They fit jigmasters too, wish I had a bunch. I have the ball rolling on a custom shifter, so stay tuned
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Great Work Ted!
The Mini Terminator. ;D
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Love it :)

Reminds me that I need to try to pry myself away from the backlog of customer reels to get my bridge in my 4/0.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

coastal_dan

Beautiful reel Ted, well done. 
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Tiddlerbasher

A lovely build - I wouldn't expect less ;)

Bryan Young

That is one awesome looking reel, inside and out.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redsetta

From a grain of sand comes the pearl.
Great work Ted
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

xaf

Maxed Out, I realize cost was probably not a big consideration but do you know how much you spent on parts to put the reel together?

I have been considering making some of the same changes (at least to the internals) to several Senator 4/0s and 6/0s I don't use much anymore but have wondered about the cost. 

Superhook

Ted,

All silver and it looks great. Almost 100% Hot Rod with very few Penn factory parts. Top job! 8)

Ray