109 Bass Fishing Project

Started by mo65, June 09, 2016, 06:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Cool little video, you handled that vintage reel nicely, looks like you did it before ;D.
Thanks for sharing...very nice.

sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bill B

MO....great video..."really Cool Beans brother.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

RiverAngler

That was a very cool video. That little reel get some good distance. Thanks for sharing that.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

mo65

Hey Fellas,
   Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the vid too! I'm not done with that little reel yet. I'll prolly return her to catfishing duty eventually, but I'd like to catch a few bigger bass on her first. I still can't believe it cast that wacky worm with the tiny split shot. I think the magnet really helps.  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Reel 224

Mo; you used one button magnet on the none handle side of the reel but did you add a magnet to the spool? I'm thinking of maging my JigMasters and I know they have aluminum spools so 1 mag will not work, at least i don't think so. So I would need to know what to do with the magnets N to S and how to position them.

Thanks...........Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mo65

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 20, 2017, 11:08:41 PM
Mo; you used one button magnet on the none handle side of the reel but did you add a magnet to the spool? I'm thinking of maging my JigMasters and I know they have aluminum spools so 1 mag will not work, at least i don't think so. So I would need to know what to do with the magnets N to S and how to position them.

Thanks...........Joe

One magnet will do fine on a small reel like this 109. Look inside your Mag 10...only one magnet there too! The process doesn't work like you'd think, no magnets are needed on the spool. The spool slowing effect is created by spinning a conductor in a magnetic field...not spinning magnets past another stationary magnet. Google "Lenz's Law", then you'll understand it. I posted on your thread asking about magging, if you run into trouble message me. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Reel 224

Mo; I read your response to my post and I thank you for the picture tutorial, I have to get the mags and I'm all set.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."