Nice Pawn Shop find!

Started by STRIPER LOU, June 10, 2016, 07:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

A few weeks ago on my way home from fishing I came across this saw at the Pawn shop. Not priced very reasonable considering it had a broken pulley and the belt guard was missing.

Nice sturdy saw on wheels, 3/4 hp motor in good shape as was the blade. Heavy steel all around! Made in the good ole USA from a top shelf company, What more could you ask for?

When the price came down to $75.00 I was in. Working on a guard and bought a new pulley on flea bay and Its ready to go. Tips up and locks nicely for use as a band saw and if I ever get a few minutes I'll make a larger table to better utilize it in that position. Already cut some aluminum and steel on it and it works great.

Another nice feature is the back jaw can be repositioned to accept a very large piece. Overall it seems to be a pretty good deal. What do ya think?

RiverAngler

Good score! A 2 in 1. For the $$$ I don't think it gets much better.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Reel 224

Nice find Lou! ;D You make a lot more items with that.....like super plugs. ;) ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

I think the SWAT team can't get through that door.  ::) By the way, nice machine.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

Great deal. That would be hard for any of us to pass up, even if we really didn't need it.

gstours

Great Find.  These are very versatile .  The table can be replaced with another pc of metal about 8-10 inches square. and you will use the heck out of it....Use bimetal blades and they cut good almost forever.  I recommend the Vari-tooth blades as they cut clean and seem to not clog with saw debris......
   Soon you will be laughing at sst, cast iron, all kinds of stuff.    Just do it!    gst.