Introduction

Started by Mirage2521, June 14, 2016, 07:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirage2521

Hi Guys, I just wanted to introduce my self.  I live down in Panama City, Florida and I discovered this forum today while looking for 1/0 parts.  All I can say is WOW!  you guys are amazing, the things you are doing with the Senators is awesome. 

I guess a formal introduction would be proper,

Hi, My name is Nick and I am an addict. In the last 6 days I have purchased 2 1/0s, 3 2/0s, 3 3/0s a 10/0 and a 12/0.  I think I have gotten the addiction under control but until a week ago I did not even know a 1/0 existed.  I have been using 4s and 6s for 40+ yrs but these little guys are the coolest.  The 10/0 and the 12/0 were just collateral damage.  None of the reels I bought are show stoppers and all are intended to be fished.  Well, except maybe the 12/0, I don't know what I am going to do with that beast.    I plan on spending the next couple of weeks pestering the heck out of you guys and reading every word I can find on upgrading the 1/0s, 2/0s and 3/0s and servicing the 10/0 and the 12/0.   Thanks for being here and I hope to talk to all of you in the near future.

Aiala

Hello, Nick! 

"We admitted we were powerless over classic Penn Senators, and our budgets have become unmanageable..."

My kind of guy! Great to have you join us.   ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

David Hall

Well if you don't know what to do with the 12/0 just ask! 
So 6 days ago you didn't know,  and already you bought everything in sight.  Yep you belong here for sure.
It's as close to being a functional fishing reel junkie as you can get without a prescription.
Welcome aboard.

handi2

Welcome Nick,

I'm west of you here in Gulf Breeze, FL so if you ever need anything just shout.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Maxed Out

Welcome Nick, I'm just as far away from you on the continent as one can get, but always willing to lend a hand. My advice would be drive down the street and let keith give you a quick lesson or 2.

One thing about the senators, if you've ever serviced one, then you can do all of them. Simple and reliable and same basic design for 75+ years

The difference in servicing a 1/0 and a 12/0 is, you need a bigger workbench to do a 12/0. ;D ;D You'll see tutorials here on all the senators you listed.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

joel8080

Welcome to the DARK side.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Welcome, Nick --

Since they allowed me to join and a few other questionable characters -- the standards are obviously not all that high.

Sounds like you will fit right in...

Seriously though -- Welcome aboard.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Cool beans Nick, sorry to hear about your addiction  ;D I suffer from the same......in the last 8 weeks I have added 2x113s, 155, 930, 285, and a HS 555gs.....ohhh and the wife isn't helping she added two 500s, all Penns, if you need any help, advice, or parts all are available here.....have fun brother.......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Mirage2521

Thanks Ladies and Gents.  I can't wait to get home and get started on one of those 1/0s.   I think I see a road trip to Gulf Breeze in my near future.  I travel right through there a couple of times a month. 

Mirage2521

Its actually worse than I previously described.  I had forgotten about a set of 2/0s on matching rods I found on Facebook and had my son pick up for me.  So I guess that's a total of 5, 2/0s.   My wife is gonna love this.

sdlehr

From what I can tell this place is perfect for you. Welcome to the club.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Wally15

Hi Nick;
And welcome aboard. When I'm not fishing elsewhere, I normally spend May-Oct fishing out of Mexico Beach, just 25 miles east of you. I too have the Penn addiction, we should get together sometime and compare notes. And maybe even "field test" a couple of them.
Mike Pate
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Mirage2521

Happy to Wally, I don't know what sort of fishing you do but there is some flounder gigging going on all summer/fall and Mexico Beach is real close to where I go slay those flatties.