Big Fat Mango

Started by Newell Nut, June 14, 2016, 09:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Did not have scales but most of you guys know I have broad shoulders and this mango stretches well past them. We caught a lot of red snappers the first two stops all around the boat and on the third stop I got this one and only keeper for the Jackpot. Fished on the Pastime Princess out of Ponce Inlet FL. It was a pretty day out but nature said know on keeper fish. Only 3 mangos caught and maybe 20 legal vermilions in the fish box with 80 people. You just never know about nature.

Shark Hunter

Good Job Dwight! What a Pig!
Life is Good!

broschro

Big Tim

Nice fish !! 80 people  :o How big is that boat.

BT

steelhead_killer

Good looking fish Dwight!

Andy
><)))">

steelfish

perfect for be grilled "sarandeado style"

this nex is Pargo zarandeado (grilled whole snapper)
The Baja Guy

conchydong

That is awesome Dwight. Someday I have to travel north to go fishing with you on the Pastime.

Wally15

Quote from: conchydong on June 15, 2016, 01:24:32 AM
That is awesome Dwight. Someday I have to travel north to go fishing with you on the Pastime.
We ought to have an Alan Tani (Southeastern US Division) get together on the Pastime Princess and try to get as many spots as possible filled with forum members. I'm in, with a decent amount of advance notice.
Mike Pate
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

RowdyW

Quote from: Wally15 on June 15, 2016, 01:44:03 AM
Quote from: conchydong on June 15, 2016, 01:24:32 AM
We ought to have an Alan Tani (Southeastern US Division) get together on the Pastime Princess and try to get as many spots as possible filled with forum members. I'm in, with a decent amount of advance notice.
Mike Pate
I'm in also. Let's make it happen.        Rudy

Marcq

Yup!! She's a fatso  8)

Marc..

Newell Nut

Quote from: Big Tim on June 15, 2016, 12:43:24 AM
Nice fish !! 80 people  :o How big is that boat.

BT

The Pastime Princess in an old 100 foot crew boat from the gulf with 3 John Deere engines. The captain runs it around 14.5 knots mostly. There is more info on the boat on the web site.

sdlehr

Quote from: Wally15 on June 15, 2016, 01:44:03 AM
Mike Pate
I'm in, schedule  permitting.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

bluefish69

BT

If you never fished on a Head Boat it is interesting to say the least. The last boat that I worked was 65' & on weekends there would be 60 passengers. If you think that's bad in the 80's I worked deck on an 85' boat with 94+ people-my son was the 94th. We had 1 man with 80+ Blue Fish that trip.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Big Tim

we had 30 on the Endeavor in April...55' and I thought it was crowded..I guess I'm a bit spoiled here. Now So Cal and Nor Cal gets real crowded at times and that's why I mostly stay to the Central coast of California.

Tim

bluefish69

I only fish on weekdays now that I'm retired. If I'm working the Galley my fish are taken to give to the passengers.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.