Not All Mondays Are Bad.

Started by 49Freak, June 21, 2016, 03:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

49Freak

For those of us who still have to go to work Monday it's usually about as welcome as a bird's nest, but this particular Monday was all good, (even the work part). Two welcome ebay purchases and Mike's excellent book found their way to my door. I still love 49s, but after staring at the Long Beach thread with examples from Mike, Sid, Shark Hunter, and a few others I fell under that spell. Actually my first and only Penn till lately was a Long Beach 60 and rod I bought at the Navy Exchange in San Diego 1976 and fished off the public pier at Shelter Island. The bait shack on the pier sold egg salad sandwiches and black coffee that would peel the enamel off your teeth, but it was a good day leaning on the rail and giving anything I caught to the locals. Anyway, my new (old) Long Beach 65 and 66. And oh that book! The family may not see me for a couple weeks.  ;D

David Hall

60 and 65 were my first penn reels, I hit eBay like a storm and picked up a dozen or so a couple years ago, they were ridiculously cheap then, they went up a bit but IMO still a good purchase.  I'm going to have to get me a copy of that book too!

Bill B

49F.....good score on all accounts.....I lost 2 weeks on the book too......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!