I call it the ShamRocket.

Started by Jimbippy, June 15, 2016, 04:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbippy

Hers a pic of my newest creation, new dual cast 5600C frame and a set of new vxl plates, a bunch o parts from this bin and that and presto chango my new Emerald green 5600 ShamRocket is born. A matching 4600 is on its way, pics to come.
Sometimes I fix it cuz it's broke, but most times I fix it cuz I broke it!

Jimbippy

Quote from: Jimbippy on June 15, 2016, 04:19:28 PM
Hers a pic of my newest creation, new 5600C frame and a set of new vxl plates, a bunch o parts from this bin and that and presto chango my new Emerald green 5600 ShamRocket is born. A matching 4600 is on its way, pics to come.
And this is one of my Dual Cast 5600 Five Star (7BB,carbonex drag, beveled spool,super smooth)
Ya might say I like thumb cast reels.  :)

foakes

Great work, Jim --

Those ABU reels are rock solid.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

Nice, Jim!!!!! Can those frames be had for 6500C3 ?

Jimbippy

Quote from: thorhammer on June 15, 2016, 05:10:25 PM
Nice, Jim!!!!! Can those frames be had for 6500C3 ?
There's a seller outta Cali. on ebay who breaks down new reels for parts, he has two 6600 frames on now, $29.99ea. but he does accept best offers. I got the 5600 frame for $25 from him. Also Jerry at Foran(Hookless.com) has a good selection for great prices. I got the green counterbalance handle from him along with the ceramic pawl. I just love my Abus!

Jimbippy

Quote from: foakes on June 15, 2016, 05:03:11 PM
Great work, Jim --

Best,

Fred
Many thanks, I've wanted a greenie for so long when I seen the plates on ebay I jumped all over them. I'm bidding on a second set tonight to complete a matching 4600.

alantani

too many people overlook the old abus.  they are very solid reels!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

Quote from: Jimbippy on June 16, 2016, 04:44:37 PM
Great work, Jim --

Best,

Fred
Many thanks, I've wanted a greenie for so long when I seen the plates on ebay I jumped all over them. I'm bidding on a second set tonight to complete a matching 4600.

I'm hunting the green 6500C3CT.

Jimbippy

Quote from: alantani on June 16, 2016, 06:45:06 PM
too many people overlook the old abus.  they are very solid reels!
:) Alan,  I started bait casting about two years ago and so far I'm up to about 20 Ambassadeurs, I just can't stop myself, I see any on ebay that need a little TLC for cheap and I just have to restore it. I think it's a disease but I'm happy with the symptoms. My favorites so far are my red button 5600Cs they just have such a solid feel to them. some I buy just to strip em down and fill my parts bins. :)

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Jimbippy

Quote from: mo65 on June 16, 2016, 09:52:38 PM
Beautiful reels!
Thank you, I won two more sets of green plates on fleabay last night so the plan now is a full set of dual cast greenies! 46-6600. Ordering the 6600 frame next week. Hopefully have them completed within the month.

Jimbippy

Great work, Jim --

Best,

Fred

Hello Fred,
Are you the Fred that use to sell Ambassadeur parts on eBay? If so that Charcoal 5600 has many parts from you a year or so ago, dual BB levelwind, Dual bearing cog and the carbontex drag washers. The ABEC 9 spool bearing came outta the UK but the other hot parts were all you!
Thanks,
Jim