Hearthquake/tsunami

Started by Alto Mare, March 11, 2011, 03:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

To all of our friends in Japan, your are in our thoughts today as you face this difficult time. We are hoping for the best.
Regards,Northeastern US
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

I've been up all night.  Friends and family in Japan and Hawaii.

Hawaii peeps are doing okay, but still tension is high.  Japan, some are well, and rest is unaccounted for.  Still very worried.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tidetime

kamuwela

checking in from oahu  no casulties as of yet. kona near honaunau went inland 100 ft at a height of 12 ft. at  keehi lagoon the old wooden docks were ripped out and still attached to boats. boats washed everywhere and sinking too. simular situation at haleiwa. lt happned in the middle of the night so at daylight we will get more specific info. instead of a quick and inaccurate report like the news likes to do just to get a scoop. prayers to all our friends in japan.

broadway

I just got back from vacation in Florida this morning, and thought of my new found brethren (Thanks to Alan Tani.com) in Hawaii.  My prayers and thoughts are with all you guys and your families.

Bryan,
       I hope your family is safe and sound, just out of communication.

Dom

Alto Mare

Kamu, any updates?  Hope everyone is safe.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

blktwr2660

From my family to your's, We have lit candles for your safety and well being,To all my brethern in hawaii and japan are prayers are with you.May God keep you and your's safe and in His glory!What ever you need you know how to reach me. 8)
Not from around here,Just fishing and doing time on planet earth.

kamuwela

latest is no casulties or injuries here in hawaii. sad to say not the same in japan. mostly pier and vessel damage. the bad thing is on the big island the historic church that was damaged during our last quake sustained some damage. the time it got hit by the quake it was repaired by donations. dont know what will happen this time see photos at                www.kitv.com

Roger

Prayers sent and God bless for all those involved............
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

several families we know are from sendai.  everyone they know is accounted for.   :-[
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

slip tip

Bryan, I hope that all is OK with your friends/family in the affected areas.
Japan is probably the only country that is REALLY prepared for a major earthquake and it still wasn't enough. However, because of their awareness, preparation, and building codes, at least on the newer structures, they fared much better than any other country would have.
I have decided should I ever be rich enough to build a house from scratch I will only use Japanese artisans to do so,,,,,,,,that their structures withstood what they did is pure testament to the brilliance.

Regards,
David
If you kill it, grill it!

Bryan Young

Thanks everyone.  All but a couple are accounted for.  Their jobs are not centralized in one area, so not quite sure where they are.  They are probably safe.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D