Light as a feather.....

Started by Maxed Out, July 15, 2016, 12:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

.....but don't let that fool you. This full newell cortez beast has all steel internals including Alan's DD bridge, gears, and sleeve, then add in the latest insert from Adam. It's hard to believe how light this one is. Tom removed extra weight on his plates which compliments the newell components nicely.

.....We now return you to your regularly scheduled "heavy reel" program.  ;) ;)

Ted

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

cwillis85

Has a sleeper look, not flashy but has the muscle under the hood to take on anything. Beauty
Chris

handi2

That's the way I like it too. I have an all black Pro Gear 541 that's my favorite.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

thorhammer

That's a 396/375 El Camino in black primer style sleeper.....

Alto Mare

Ted, you are out of control ;D. Did you paint those screw heads or did you get them from McMaster's?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 15, 2016, 01:29:12 AM
Ted, you are out of control ;D. Did you paint those screw heads or did you get them from McMaster's?

LOL good eye Sal, I figured those black screws wouldn't slip past you.....Those are black hex head screws and they are from a local west coast supplier (Tacoma screw). I bought them purposely for this reel.  ;D ;D

Ted

Maxed Out

Quote from: thorhammer on July 15, 2016, 01:23:51 AM

That's too scary John, you just described to a tee a late 60's El Camino I bought for $600 so I could have the engine for my chevy truck, except my El camino was grey primer, but same 396  :D :D My apologies to all the El Camino fans out there, I was young and dumb.  ;) ;)

David Hall

That is a beast of a reel and a great look, flat black with glossy side plates and trim ring.  Nice.

thorhammer

Quote from: Maxed Out on July 15, 2016, 03:46:32 AM
Quote from: thorhammer on July 15, 2016, 01:23:51 AM

That's too scary John, you just described to a tee a late 60's El Camino I bought for $600 so I could have the engine for my chevy truck, except my El camino was grey primer, but same 396  :D :D My apologies to all the El Camino fans out there, I was young and dumb.  ;) ;)

My best friends dad a his 1972 he bought new stitting in a field for years; two years ago he put a new power train with a four on floor and race built 350, new interior, and painted stealth matt black....it will grab all four :) :) :)

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer