New member here, Lake Michigan

Started by Hadge, March 15, 2011, 01:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadge

New Member; from New Buffalo, Michigan.  On the shore of Lake Michigan.

Alan has helped me greatly with his website advice. He is a very generous and sharing man.

I think I am getting addicted to this reel repair stuff.
We salmon fish Lake Michigan and we troll as many as 9 to 15 rods.
So I have many reels to work on.
Look forward to being here. I really like the way you guys ALL get along.
I hope someday to give back some advice.

Hadge
Hadge

ratagain

alantani

welcome!  did my residency in ann arbor.  by march, we were about ready to kill each other.  winters are pretty brutal for california kids. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Hadge:  I missed this thread, I was out fishing, welcome.  I know wahat you are talking about.  I fished Lake Ontario with Natural Wonders Outfitters.  Joe McDonald the capitain had 12 rods out.  He had every thermocline covered.  Twelve different lures.  Copper wire, mono, flouro, etc.  The Salmon didn't have a chance.  We caught a few nice Salmon.  I didn't particularly like fishing with so many lines out, too much like work.  So welcome again.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard Hadge. Yes we all get along nicely here, we're one big family with Alan as our father figure who corrects us every now and then, well most of the times, and Dominick as our grandpa. ;D ;D ;D You will like it here, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Fished Lake Michigan out of Pentwater for manny summers in the 90's... Loved going out at 330AM by the light of the North Star (sickest skies I've ever seen-it was GREEN!)  Lots of Steel Head, Kings, Lakers, and the occasional Pink and Coho, and of course, Skamania!  Welcome to the crew, Hadge!  Hey Dominick, you feel like you're in "another" family yet?  ;)
Dom

Norcal Pescador

Welcome aboard, Hadge, from northern California.

Yeah, Alan's our "Dad" and so I guess that makes Dominick "Grandpa". ;D ;D  Seriously, there are so many good people on here with different experiences and lots of it. I love fixing reels! There aren't that many parts I can break! :D :D

Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Rob: Hey what's with this grandpa stuff?  I'll getcha for dat.  Dom, the sky was really green?  I have to admit it does feel a little like family.  I even learned how to eat with chopsticks.  Hadge, one of the things you'll be taught by Papa Alan is never use force in taking apart a reel, use bigger chopsticks ;D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Pescachaser on March 31, 2011, 03:11:17 AM
Rob: Hey what's with this grandpa stuff?  I'll getcha for dat.  ..........  Dominick

Dominick -
I knew I would be in deeper stuff if I said you were the tribe elder. ;D   Think of it as a term of endearment and respect. ;)  No, it's not my "gentler" side coming through. :D
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

broadway

A family indeed!  The sky looked like a green potion being mixed up by a mad scientist.  It was like a sci-fi movie... I've still never seen  anything like it, but it was common out there. 

Rob, you're my favorite "dirty" uncle ;)

Dom

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Hadge

Thanks for all the nice hello's

I think you guys may have saved me from letting my saltwater reels go to heck. I now have the courage to break them down and service them.
A few reels were close to being in big trouble but have been saved now

Thanks
I think I have the reel fixing sickness
So I think I'm in the right place.
Hadge

Hadge

broadway

You Are definitely in the right place if you've been hit by the Reel Repair Bug... careful it's contagious!
Dom

Roger

Welcome aboard from South Louisiana........
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain