Shop display of Acrylics and WIP

Started by STRIPER LOU, July 10, 2016, 09:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Since the show I have been keeping a bunch of my own personal reels on display including work in progress on the Acrylic's. It looks like the shop has become a Friday night gathering place for some of the guys and it really is a great bunch.

Usually conversation starts over knobs and other projects I'm working on and a lot of the guys will bring pizza, wine, beer, etc. etc! Someone even brought homemade taco's! No one gets rowdy, everyone clean up their mess and everyone talks and share's idea's about what next to come!

I wont say I'm getting caught up by any means but I have been able to make a few extra knobs here and there. Not so on the Tbars, they take a lot longer and I really don't have enough of them out there to prove their durability. The one's I've been using on my own reels are working out fine and I really like the way they feel...

Some of the ones in the pics are for customers and hopefully some of the balance will be available soon.
They are complete except for a final polish and making the SS shafts. If the shafts were straight tubes they could be made quickly but they are stepped down from .375 on the end to .281 along the shaft. They've got to be right as this is the part that rotates on the spinner tube.

So far So good on the new supplier. The only problem is on custom colors, if it doesn't come out exactly as you want you still own it and it isn't cheap!
I can understand it though as there isn't a definite science to color mixtures and I guess someone has to pay for the material! >:(  >:(

Most of the knobs are 1 1/2" dia. although I'm making a few 1 3/4 and 2 " for magnum reels. Tbars are 1" dia x 3 1/2 long and 1 1/8 x 3 3/4 and 4".

Time to get back to the lathe and get to work!
All have a great evening,  ..  Lou

Dominick

Need I say they are magnificent. Keep up the beautiful work.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

RowdyW

They look really great. Now just waiting for a price list of sizes & colors available.     Rudy

steelhead_killer

Loving these knobs!  Absolutely stunning!

Andy
><)))">

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RiverAngler

Those are stunning! Let me just say right now that I want an orange and black one like in the picture in a 4" t-bar.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

spc7669

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

gstours

Keep up the good work.  Very colorful, Truly Custom.  You should be very proud of your work!  I,m jealous.

Tiddlerbasher

Beautiful work work Lou. I'm gonna have to find a custom acrylic supplier in the UK - another project ::)

STRIPER LOU

Thanks for all the comments! The knob colors really make the reels pop. I will finish the shafts next week and hopefully then I will post some completed knobs for purchase. Working on a blue /gold pearl Tbar to go along with Tom's blue side plates with gold tib frame.

Again, with the Tbars, I don't have enough of them out for testing so until I know how the durability is, they probably wont be available until a later date.

Thanks again and have a great evening!
Regards,  ..  Lou

RiverAngler

That's ok. Some things are just worth waiting for.
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Maxed Out

Wow Lou, Magnifico  :o :o

From where you started to where you have progressed in such a short time is phenominal. I love em all and looking forward to getting a few.
or maybe a dozen(or 2)  ;D ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...