T-bar Handle

Started by spes, March 16, 2011, 02:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spes

I was looking at the Jumbo 4 1/8"  T-bar handles from smoothdrag for my Okuma MK 15II.

A) would that T-bar handle fit the stock blank?

B) would the smoothdrag blank be bigger and or better suited?

alantani

maybe check with okuma first to see if the handle arm from the makaira 20 or 50 would fit. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

spes

I gave Okuma a call yesterday, they said the 20 on up would not fit the 15.

I'm not really looking for a larger arm,, I just wanted the smoothdrag 4 1/8" T-bar handle.

Alan,would that T-bar handle fit the stock blank?

JGB

If you ask Okuma the question if the handle from a MK20 will fit a MK15 they will say no. But if you ask them if the knobs are compatible they might say yes.

The T-Bar knob is interchangeable from the MK20 to the MK15 as the knob shaft is identical. The Knob is not available as a separate item. Remove the end plug and screw and slide on the larger T-Bar. I have done this to all my MK10 and MK15's. I think I ordered the handles from the Cavalla 15II as they were cheaper. Save the T-Bar spindle and the Small T-Bar for possible retrofit to another reel, toss the arm. I fitted them on my small Diawa LD20II and my Cedros 80a Spinning reels (the ends of the spindle need to be machined or cut off flush  to make them work).

Consider the Tani Kol handles as they are of sturdier quality  but are not rubberized.

Jim N.