Penn 112H Senator (1975 vintage ?) repair questions

Started by tpf903, March 17, 2011, 02:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey Rob,
   Sorry to not ask sooner, but did you say prototype 112h with 5+1 drag stack???  Keep me posted if it's not to top secret.  I'd use my 112h for sharkin' if you figured out how to do it ;D  I love and have full faith in the 112h.  I also love bushings when trolling cause you can regrease  in the field with EASE! Let me know if ya need anything!
Git it done brotha,
Dom

Alto Mare

Dom, we opened her up when we put the boat on the trailer. she had 4 whole bunkers in her. That cow weight in at 44 pound with no guts. I was trying to post the picture, but not even my daughter the scientist could get it done, I will try again later.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Hey Dom -
I'm trying to see if a 1+5 can go in my jigmaster. Bryan's working on thinner metal washers and I'm planning to use 0.5mm #21 Carbontex with them. If it will all fit in the Penn 500 without modification, it should work in a 300 or 400 series Newell that should be able to take the load. No time line established.
Rob
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Bryan Young

Man, I wish I had a wet knife sharpen machine.  Would make the task a lot faster and easier.  I wonder how much it would cost to punch out a set if the desire is great.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

M.T.pockets

I desire  times 4
 Pockets

alantani

they would cost $1 each with a minimum order would be 500 slotted and 750 keyed.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Hey Alan,
I'd be in for 40 or so... anyone else?
Dom

Norcal Pescador

Rob

ReelSpeed

Reelspeed Reel Service & Repair
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 261-5190

Bryan Young

probably 0.5 mm thick, but I'm not sure about the strength of the eared and keyed washer at that thickness to hold it's shape in the stack.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ReelSpeed

I would think it would be okay... I might be able to work something up here... let me see what I can do. :)
(562) 261-5190

broadway

If the old washers were brass, and these are thinner but stainless... hmmm?  I would venture to say the stainless would be stronger, but I'm NOT an engineer.  They're are engineers on here... what do you guys think?
Dom

Norcal Pescador

The stock 3-stack is about 5.5mm thick. Using 0.5mm Carbontex x 5 washers = 2.5mm, leaving 3mm for the 5 metals = about 0.6mm each.
Funny, I was just thinking about the strength issue too. :-\
Rob

Bryan Young

@ Dom - The brass washers and available stainless steel washers are thicker than 0.5 mm thick.

@ Aaron - Are you working this weekend?  Maybe be able to stop by if things work out to talk about this more.  If not, I'll give you a call.

ReelSpeed

Let me see how things pan out bryan.  I WILL be working, it is just a matter of how much time I end up having. :)  Lots of stuff at the shop and a bunch of reels to take care of... Might end up having to be a phone call...  :-\

Thinking about making the washers out of hardened 17-4 to make up some strength.. or maybe look into titanium... need to see costs though. 
(562) 261-5190