One concise RX

Started by walknbob, March 17, 2011, 04:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walknbob

Hello

I have been enjoying reading this site for some weeks now. I have several Penns 114h, 113h, 320gt, longbeach 68...

I have been learning a lot. However, it can be a bit overwhelming to condense it down in one definitive "here it is list of parts". The step by step rebuilds are great. I have found them and am trying to determine a comprehensive parts list.

I would first like to start by rebuilding the 114s and 113s. I am finding it hard to make one conclusive list of parts if I want to go with the best new drag disks, bearings, etc. I have the time right now and can afford to put a few bucks into each reel. I am sure I could glean this by more reading but if there is a concise list of rebuild parts to "hotrod" these reels could you please either point me to it or list them out here?

Thank You

alantani

start with the drag system.  you will need cal's grease from smoothdrag.com.  these reels will hopefully have carbon fiber drag washers inside the main gears already.  all you need to do is grease them up.  you will then need to trade the hard fiber washer under the main gear for a carbon fiber washer.  a smoothdrag washer goes under the main gear of all the reels taking a 98-155, 98-60 or 98-505 gear sleeve (long beach 68).  a penn ht-100 #6-865 washer goes under the main gear of all the reels using a 98-320 gear sleeve(320 gti's and 113h senators).  and a penn ht-100 #6-114 drag washer is used underneath the main gear of all the reels using a 98-114 gear sleeve (6/0 senators).  that should get you started.  please keep us posted on your progress.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!