it's time for a carbontex replacment drag washer for the tyrnos reels

Started by alantani, March 17, 2011, 02:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rod27

hi alantani......i took apart my first reel today....a new Tyrnos 50 2speed.  No trouble thx to your website and the Shimano website as well.  My question is how can i tell a good drag from a bad one?  It looked intact, but in your last post u mentioned you have to pick at it a bit....well i did and it kinda came apart in tiny shreds with my nail, especially the edges.  So how do i know?  I will be calling both Dawn(again) and Shimano for solutions on monday.

alantani

a little shredding around the edges is normal.  a bad washer would have carbon fiber threads coming off in chunks.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

imo the most critical part of the reel is the drag.if you have any doubts what so ever change the washers.they are cheap.

alantani

i read on bloody decks the the drag washers have been sent off to the water jet cutters. 

Dawn

Yes, he says next week if there aren't any problems.  Will let you all know when I have them.
This will be for the 8,10,  12,16.
I won't have the 20 or larger, but I haven't really been asked for them yet.  The stock material doesn't look as funky on those as the smaller ones.

Dawn

Dawn

albacore11

Hey Alan, you wouldn't think I would post bogus info would you????? ;) ;) ;)

alantani

flvol77

wouldn't you know I just sold my four 16II - I would have kept them if I could have got a set of drags from dawn  :'(

Oh well, let me know if you plan on making a drag for the 30's

I have four of them on order and would like to replace the drag system in them.

Thanks