US 113W questions

Started by Lowprofile, July 29, 2016, 09:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Couple questions about the US line. Is the threading on the gear sleeve the same as the old 4/0's? As in, can I put a off the shelf "custom" star on it?

Are there any aftermarket frames available for them? (Like the Hawaiian wide frame)

Lastly, I want red side plates. I know I can build a 113 with red side plates and a wide frame but I have a 113W on the way already. A Hawaiian wide 4/0 will be my next project.

Anyone here fabing aluminum or SS side plates for them?

coastal_dan

I have the narrow and it does pretty well for what I had intended to use it for.  Not perfect, but they are a fairly low-cost big game reel that is made in the U.S. with quality parts, it will last for decades.

I do not know the answer off hand for the threading, but the shape at the end of the gear sleeve that pairs with the handle is different, square vs. a modified circle.

As far as the aftermarket parts, as far as I know there isn't much available for the new reels.  They already have the aluminum frame (narrow, standard, wide), but if you want wider than the wide you may have to get creative with spools as well.  Honestly, I would say sell the US113W and buy a compatible donor reel for cheap and modify it to meet your expectations.  Adding side plates, a custom frame and a custom spool to a $250 reel could make it a $600+ reel very quickly...

Just some quick thoughts...good luck in your endeavor!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

mizmo67

Shape of the gear stud is different than the standard 113H reels and the handles don't interchange.

In our handle cross reference list we built, we called it a Type Q
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Handles.aspx
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com