I'm debating..Daiwa Sealine SL30SH or 30SHV...which to buy?

Started by BrokeLoser, March 17, 2011, 04:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokeLoser

Some people swear by the 'SLOSH 30's' and some say to go with the SHV for the aluminum spool and farther casting ability..etc.
What's your opinion on this?
I'd like to buy one right away but I want to make a educated decision that I won't regret later.

Thanks for your input.

alantani

they are all pretty close.  for the best casting, get a reel with a disengaging spool.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BrokeLoser

Quote from: alantani on March 17, 2011, 07:49:11 PM
they are all pretty close.  for the best casting, get a reel with a disengaging spool.

I believe the shv's do have a disengaging spool?
Aside from casting distance do you think the SL30SH is a better made, better overall reel?
Some also say the SL30SH may not cast as far as the SHV's or SHA's but they are easier to control and backlash less?
It seems many of the SL30SH's are made in Japan as well and I guess the quality from Japan is better than the quality from Thailand or Malaysia?

alantani

there may be some differences based on country of origin if you fish the reel out of the box, but that's not what you're going to do!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BrokeLoser

Quote from: alantani on March 17, 2011, 08:01:31 PM
there may be some differences based on country of origin if you fish the reel out of the box, but that's not what you're going to do!

You're staying a little clear of this subject...huh...haha
Thanks for the input Alan...much appreciated!

codhead

I've got two 20 SHVs that I use from the boat and shore.

Easy to cast with, if you're having trouble with overruns, just use thicker oil in the bearings (EP90 gear oil), that should be enough to tame them.
The older I get, the better I was