Pflueger 1419 3/4 Templar

Started by Bryan Young, August 06, 2016, 08:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

I got a meassage from Makule and before I know it, this beautiful reel is on my doorstep. WOW. I am now apart of the Templar club. On the East Side of Oahu, there is an Altapac Fishing Club and when I was growing up, all I wanted to do is be like them.  They only fished Altapacs and Templar reels. Yeah, I'm one step closer to being one of them. 😀

Makule, Mahalo Nui loa.

Now, what to do...I think I will clean off the little green spots then lightly grease and put it together to be a shelfy reel.

So stoked.

Mahalo
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Great people on this site.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Makule

Your post said you've always wanted one, ever since you were much younger.  As I get older, I'm divesting myself of stuff I don't need/use so if it goes to a good home, I'm happy.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bill B

Cool beans.....and great friends......you guys rock...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

sdlehr

Makule, you're a class act. Bryan, the rings, stand, cross bar and handle arm are German silver. The spool is chromed brass (at least mine is). Congratulations on your new possession, may you display it with pride and the dignity that the Atlapac Fishing Club deserves. I understand they fish the surf with these big reels...

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Bryan Young

Sid, these bunch of guys fish mostly off cliffs.  I remember seeing the trees (fishing poles) at the waters edge of the plateau or cliffs with all of these cool reels. And boy they sure caught fish.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

Nice Brian. 

There are still a few guys that fish these old Pflueger Templar, and Atlapacs here on Oahu.  You will see one show up now and again at the casting competitions too.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

redsetta

QuoteGreat people on this site.
x2
QuoteMakule, you're a class act.
x2!
Congrats Brian - stoked for ya.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Makule

Many years ago, I acquired what was stated to be a new, unused Atlapac 4/0 reel, in bag and box.  Got it thinking that I'd use it, but decided not to after seeing how beautiful it was.  Kept it for many years in the book case and finally gave it to Chuck Johnston of Hawaii Fishing News earlier this year.  Chuck has been a good friend, and he has done much for the fishing community here in Hawaii, so I was happy that he accepted the gift.  As I get older, more of these things will be send on to someone else, since I won't be taking it where I'm going (Heaven, hopefully).

I'm wondering what I should send to Sal, but haven't decided on it yet.  Maybe a Templar, but he's a Penn guy, so maybe an anniversary Senator or a souped up 349.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

coastal_dan

Too cool!  I'll need to look into the Atlapac/Templar club, sounds like some amazing history associated with it.

Love seeing the camaraderie here at AT.com  :o
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Makule

More information than needed, but on page 6 there is reference to the Atlapac Casting Club.

https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dar/files/2014/04/ulua02.pdf

Shark Hunter

Pretty Generous of you Albert.
Very Nice. ;)
Life is Good!

Makule

Like I said, I'm not taking it with me.

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 08, 2016, 11:49:19 PM
Pretty Generous of you Albert.
Very Nice. ;)

Penn Chronology

The Atlapac's are super fine production reels.

They are as pretty on the inside as they are on the outside.

If you like Pflueger Game Reels, you need to add one of these to your collection.

The Templars are classics. They can be turned into jewelry.

I stay away from Pfluegers, my house is not big enough to house all the fine reels Pflueger produced.

Bryan Young