Pflueger 1419 3/4 Templar

Started by Bryan Young, August 06, 2016, 08:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smnaguwa

Makule, you classy and from Papaikou? My uncle's family was from Papaikou and my grandfather from Wainaku. But, I never got to fish for moi by the sugar cane factory when I was a kid. They said it was too dangerous; now I'm too old.

Makule

Bid on, and lost, a Templar that had very unusual side plates.  Black, but with red specks (hard to describe).  Never saw one like that before.  Hope someone here got it.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Tightlines667

Cool reel. 

There are alot of these older Pfluegers floating around the islands.  Many are 'tricked out' with extra-wide stands/spools/posts, handle upgrades etc.  Folks started hotroding reels way before the internet.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Swami805

Yup, I'm the one who got the marbled Templar. I'm a little new to collecting so not sure what these things are worth but I know what they're worth to me. I thought I did ok for $80, Thought it would go for more. I'll post some before and after pics once I get it dialed in. Something alluring about marbled plates, lost a last minute bidding war on a Abbey Imbrie with tri-color marbling a few weeks ago, still bummed about that one, hope someone on here got it and will post it up.

Do what you can with that you have where you are

mo65

Wow...one sweet Templar there Swami! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mo65

And congrats to Bryan for getting that cool reel as a gift. I have all the little fresh water Pfluegers...but you fellas have me thinkin' about these! ;D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Swami805

Yeah Mo if it's half as nice as that marbled reel you posted up awhile ago I'll be happy. That one you have is a real beauty. WOW
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Makule

Congratulations on your win.  Glad you got it.

Quote from: Swami805 on August 31, 2016, 12:46:34 AM
Yeah Mo if it's half as nice as that marbled reel you posted up awhile ago I'll be happy. That one you have is a real beauty. WOW
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Makule

I'm one of the guys who used to modify those reels, and the Senators too.  Widen the spools, make new bars, etc.

Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 30, 2016, 06:56:35 PM
Cool reel. 

There are alot of these older Pfluegers floating around the islands.  Many are 'tricked out' with extra-wide stands/spools/posts, handle upgrades etc.  Folks started hotroding reels way before the internet.

Makule

Yes, I'm from Papaikou.  Have lived here for 60 years.
Still got some moi at the old mill, but not as much as when the area was full of bagasse.  Nothing dangerous about the place, but maybe the walk down was.  Now, there's a nice trail.

Quote from: smnaguwa on August 30, 2016, 01:33:09 PM
Makule, you classy and from Papaikou? My uncle's family was from Papaikou and my grandfather from Wainaku. But, I never got to fish for moi by the sugar cane factory when I was a kid. They said it was too dangerous; now I'm too old.

smnaguwa

Thanks for your reply Makule. Hope I can try for the moi when I visit my daughter in Hilo. Maybe we can meet at Cafe 100 for the original loco moco. -Stan

Makule

Just let me know when you'll be in town.  I prefer Hawaiian Style Cafe.  They have the loco too and it's also very good.

Quote from: smnaguwa on August 31, 2016, 09:29:03 PM
Thanks for your reply Makule. Hope I can try for the moi when I visit my daughter in Hilo. Maybe we can meet at Cafe 100 for the original loco moco. -Stan