Quantum Aruba ?? Parts??

Started by Nessie Hunter, March 20, 2011, 05:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie Hunter

I have a Quantum Aruba from a  guy in Mn..
It is Silver and looks to NOT be a Wide spool.
Says Quantum Aruba 20 PTs (small s )...
Went through it for him but it was missing the Clicker lever.  (He bought it Used recently BD post)

I went to Quantum and did a search, found what I thought was the reel and ordered the Click lever & screw.
Got them today and it is way wrong type.  
This reel has a slit with rubber closure On the bottom of frame right next to Rod clamp...

Looks like the newer models have the lever coming out of Left Side plate???

Any way its the weekend and I just wanted to know if this is an older model and can I still get those parts from Quantum???    
Have never ordered Quantum parts before this....  
Should I even bother calling them Monday Morning???

To tired for pics, maybe in the morning...   :P
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Nessie Hunter

Here are some pics of the reel..  
Can any one Identify this as to age? Not the current one listed at Zebco.  LMAO...
Could it be Outdated model..  Also can I still get parts??
Guess I could just wait till Monday and call.  
But then I would miss all he fun here talking about it.  LOL  ;D

You can see the slot W rubber on bottom that Click lever goes through...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Nessie Hunter

Called Zebco, (for some reason that name gives me no confidence??), this morning..   
Customer service is weird!!
"Your the 6 th caller in line aprox waiting time is 672 seconds"

Kid I talked to seemed unsure of himself.. Any way he said he would check on the older model reel part and call me back???   
Gave him the original invoice # etc to show I had ordered from the incorrect/outdated Schematic they have online.....

Wonder if I will ever hear from them again????     ::)

WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

they are probably unique enough that a rebuild post would be of value, but there are so few that it would he hard to justify the effort......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

I already finished the reel rebuild before I joined here, and was just waiting on the Original Parts order (which was wrong parts).
I talked to owner in Mn.  He said screw it, just disable Clicker and send it back lol 
Good call IMO!!   ;D

I have a trip planned to Portland, Or and have to get the shop cleaned up and empty in a few days.
Sick Grndgtr..........   :-(   Will be gone for week or two...

I will start some Pic Tutorials on stuff, when I get back..   
Assuming I get any work in..  LOL     :-(    :'(
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Nessie Hunter

Hahaha... 
Never heard back from Zebco!!   Talked to reel owner he siad screw it, just disable the clicker and send it on home!! 

Went to Post office yesterday, Dang Got a package notice in my Box??
Went to counter and picked up a package from Zebco????  WTF !!!

Inside is a brand new Frame & left side plate assembly with New style clicker mechanism !!!  YIKES!!
(no charge!!!).....   ;D

Wonder of wonders, not bad Cust Service at all!!!!
BUT sent the bad reel back to Minnesota 5 days ago!!!!   LMAO...

Will ship to owner at my expense.  Im sure he could use it more then I.......

Now I just need to get his Address at B/D !!!     

Thumbs up to Zebco   (ok, half a thumb, poor communication)...

WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

SSFGIZMO

Hey NESSIE HUNTER, I have one of these with a similar problem, if you can't find the customers address, I'd be glad to pay for postage to send it me!  ;-)  Give me a call     Gary @ 650-676-9263   Thanks