Hi to everyone from Tasmania

Started by Southernreelservicing, August 17, 2016, 12:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernreelservicing

Hi everyone, i have just started to service some reels apart from my own after a long lay off.
Had previously ran a service centre for the Penn distributors here in Australia.

I love my vintage Penns, i love my classic Abus and fish Daiwa Certates ect for my light tackle lure fishing.

This site is amazing and a credit to all involved. As a guest while Alan fixed my log in details i discovered away around the mag seal lube issue and was overwelmed by some of you guys workshops and part collection.

Thanks to all contributors and i will do my utmost to help keep this great site so amazingly awesome

Dominick

Welcome to the site.  If you are wandering around the site check out this link.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15832.0  You'll see one of the guys, Chris got the reel in Tasmania, used it and it is now in North Carolina, USA.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Southernreelservicing

Quote from: Dominick on August 17, 2016, 12:34:53 AM
Welcome to the site.  If you are wandering around the site check out this link.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15832.0  You'll see one of the guys, Chris got the reel in Tasmania, used it and it is now in North Carolina, USA.  Dominick

Great read, i actually think i may have fished with him once. There was two guys down here making lures, Rothmar 1 and Rothmar 2. Cant remember which one it was. I love the tricked up senator, you guys over there do the coolest things to the classic senator

foakes

Welcome aboard, SRS --

Wish you all of the best with your re-adventure into reel service.

Sounds like you know your way around the Penns and other.

Best Regards,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Welcome SRS.....from the Sacramento Delta.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

welcome!  glad you got through the spam filter!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Southernreelservicing

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys.

Regards Scott