Millionaire CVZ 203

Started by OZfisherman, August 19, 2016, 05:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OZfisherman

Hello all,
Hope someone experienced with getting their Millionaires smooth again can help with advice.
I bought a used JDM CVZ 203 in really good condition, no external sign of neglect.
The reel turns quiet and silky smooth when no pressure is applied, even when the spool is feathered lightly like when casting, but when I press on the spool just a little more while cranking, I can feel a rapid ticking come through the handle. There's no sound, just a rapid pulsing sensation. It's not the grinding of gears like you get with cheapo spinning reels. I'm not sure what the problem is, has anyone had this happen on their reel?
I've pulled it apart, wiped off the old caked up grease, relubed, oiled the bearings etc, and still no improvement. Are the gears worn, or maybe the anti-reverse roller bearing pins?

Thanks for any help. Cheers

nelz

Does it have synchronized level-wind? If not, the problem might be found in the level-wind mechanism, worm or pawl perhaps, since it all would disengage during free spool.

Btw, I love the JDM Millionaire reels, I have a Blue Backer 200 (has synchronized level-wind). She's a beauty!