Surf & Turf Big Tim style: Hamachi Poke & NY steak

Started by Big Tim, August 21, 2016, 01:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Med. rare seared NY steak with an Asian sweet & Chile paste drizzle, Yellowtail Poke, made with a bit of lemon juice, a dash of rice vinegar, soy & teriyaki,a little schriacca for heat, thinly sliced sushinori,a dash of ground ginger & ground garlic. A pinch of Sea Salt then topped with sesame seeds. Of coarse a Grapefruit Sculpin to finish it off  ;D ;D ;D

BT

MarkT

Looks real good! I had some Dorado for dinner since it looks like I've finally run out of Wahoo. I'll have to try and do something about that at the end of next month.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ChileRelleno

Looks delicious.
That medium seared steak would be gone first, then I'd slowly savor the Poke.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

theswimmer

Boy BT, local tomatoes are at their peak ,what?
I made a dinner from cucumbers , tomatoes ,  kalamata olives , red onions , evoo and balsamic last week.
Mmmmm the best.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

steelfish

Tim, can you elaborate a bit more how did you prepared the hamachi Poke?
Im all ears when it comes to YT
I currently enjoying YT on sashimi (kind of a local sashimi recipe)
but I salivating from your Hamachi poke

I woould like to try it with some YT I still have on my fridge

The Baja Guy

Big Tim

Quote from: steelfish on August 26, 2016, 01:31:35 AM

Tonight me a the wife had Yellowtail Poke, Baja style. Marinade ( 1 lb. of YT) is 1/2 +/- Sesame oil, 1/2 cup of Soy (I go less on this and add some Teryaki sauce, a few tbl spoons of rice vinegar, juice of a medium sized lemon, a pinch of sea salt & I added some Sriracha sauce as well, then I crushed 2 large cloves of garlic and a large pinch of ground ginger...Stir and chill. Salad= 1-thinly sliced small bunch of green onions and sliced well into the greens. I used 2 each of red & orange baby bell peppers and gave the same thin slicing ( making rings out of the peppers), then a healthy bunch of cilantro and chopped into a nice sized mix of sizes & a large Jalapeno pepper sliced in 1/2 then de seeded and sliced paper thin and at an angle that makes the slices long ( this gives a pleasant Bite once in a while), avocado in ready I took 1 lb. of YT and cut into small chunks then salt lightly with sea salt, toss into a glass salad bowl and start adding ingredients & marinade, fold ingredients and chill....You can add any spices you want after 1 hour n' the chill ( you might like it as is). 1 hour later I slice up a cold med. lg. avocado and 1/2 on each plate then toss and serve the Poke on the edge of the avocado slices, a pinch of sea salt and chili powder... ;D ;D ;D

BT

steelfish

Quote from: Big Tim on August 27, 2016, 01:33:23 AM
Quote from: steelfish on August 26, 2016, 01:31:35 AM

Tonight me a the wife had Yellowtail Poke, Baja style. Marinade ( 1 lb. of YT) is 1/2 +/- Sesame oil, 1/2 cup of Soy (I go less on this and add some Teryaki sauce, a few tbl spoons of rice vinegar, juice of a medium sized lemon, a pinch of sea salt & I added some Sriracha sauce as well, then I crushed 2 large cloves of garlic and a large pinch of ground ginger...Stir and chill. Salad= 1-thinly sliced small bunch of green onions and sliced well into the greens. I used 2 each of red & orange baby bell peppers and gave the same thin slicing ( making rings out of the peppers), then a healthy bunch of cilantro and chopped into a nice sized mix of sizes & a large Jalapeno pepper sliced in 1/2 then de seeded and sliced paper thin and at an angle that makes the slices long ( this gives a pleasant Bite once in a while), avocado in ready I took 1 lb. of YT and cut into small chunks then salt lightly with sea salt, toss into a glass salad bowl and start adding ingredients & marinade, fold ingredients and chill....You can add any spices you want after 1 hour n' the chill ( you might like it as is). 1 hour later I slice up a cold med. lg. avocado and 1/2 on each plate then toss and serve the Poke on the edge of the avocado slices, a pinch of sea salt and chili powder... ;D ;D ;D

BT

I ended up salivating after reading the recipe

I will write everything down to have it on hand on my next time I eating YT

thanks compadre
The Baja Guy