Bushing needing a home....

Started by Mic, August 22, 2016, 12:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mic

I tried my hand at cleaning up a few old Abu's this past weekend as there was not much else to do other than swim to the truck and back. I'll tell ya, the feller who said "Texas is a sever drought only interrupted by torrential flooding" was correct. I don't know if praying is the answer to stop the rain or a drought, but it let's God know who you are and where your at. You folks in Louisiana hang in there. This to shall pass.

Anyway, I had a few old Ambassadeur's 5K's setting in the barn on a shelf and thought "It's a good weekend to try my hand at looking inside one". I thought I was doing well, and felt real good about the first 3 I had lubed up, when I noticed a small black bushing sitting in the top of my Cal's grease bucket. Then I spotted another one on the end of my grease brush. I couldn't get on line to find out where they come from, or more importantly, where they go.

I have a picture of them. Can you help a web-footed brother out and let me know where these go ?

Mic

cbar45

Hello,

I believe those are called "brake blocks" and work to slow down the spool when casting.

To install--locate the two metal pins on the outer right side of your spool, then slide the blocks onto the pins till they can't go any further.

Make sure the blocks are still seated that way when you screw on the right side plate.

Hope this helps.

Bryan Young

Those bushings are not really needed if you have a semi-trained thumb.  I take mine out.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Mic