Abra Kah Dabra

Started by Maxed Out, March 11, 2016, 05:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

I had a red aluminum jigmaster 500 spool that had some issues in the anodizing, and had the itch to try and do something about it.

No anodizing was the affordable answer, and after a little power wire brushing and lots of emery cloth and sandpaper and buffing with mothers, the red was finally gone. It still needs a little more work, but that'll be on another rainy day.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

Wow Ted. That looks amazing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

That turned out looking great. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

STRIPER LOU

coastal_dan

Wowzers!  Well done Ted.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Bryan Young

I think I may want to try this with my pink (faded red) 501 spool.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

cbar45

Hi Ted,

That looks great, does the metal require any sort of protective coating if the reel is going to be fished?

I find I need to be diligent with my polished cast-aluminum spools, otherwise corrosion will start to develop.

You make it look so easy with this spool, but having done it once...I vowed never to do it again--fingers hurt just thinking about it :P

Chad

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~