Bushing/adapter to mount 114H handle on a 113H?

Started by Ishman 306, September 07, 2016, 04:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishman 306

I have a handle I would like to use on a 349H rebuild.  I believe the 349H uses the 113H size handle/sleeve shape.  The handle I have appears to be the size used on a 114H.  Does a bushing or reducer adapter exist to allow using a larger handle on the smaller shaft?  If my info/assumptions are incorrect, please correct me!
Thanks,
Scott

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

foakes

Hi Scott --

Anything can be modified -- up to a point -- however...

You might try going with a custom maker on our site such as Alan, Adam, Bryan, Tom, Smooth Drag, or others.

They might have exactly what you need for no effort and a perfect fit with plenty of cranking torque.

The hole needs to be a tight and perfect fit -- with the crank nut & lock screw buttoned down well -- particularly with a brass gear sleeve -- otherwise, sleeve rounding issues could occur.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Ishman 306

Thanks guys, that might be the direction I have to take.  The handle I wanted to keep is more for sentimental reasons rather than practicality and the color of the knob just looked kinda cool.  If I get ambitious, maybe I'll try to machine something up. 

Bill B

Scott, if you do machine a piece let us know and post pictures if possible, sounds like an interesting concept.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!