2016 alligator season (to be continued)

Started by Cone, August 29, 2016, 03:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Awesome Bob! I couldn't get the video to work, but glad you got yourself some gator meat even though the area was probably flooded.
How do you keep live gators in a boat and continue to fish for more? Seems more dangerous than actually catching them.
Glad you came back with some nice meat and all your appendages.
Good stuff,
Dom

Cone

Dom, If my friend hadn't had to go to a funeral the next morning we wouldn't have kept them alive. Once you tape their mouths shut they are pretty harmless. The big concern is them jumping out of the boat. We tied their legs behind their backs to stop that. It gets crowded and they make growling noises to let you know its a good thing they are restrained.  ;) The big one whipped his head around when my friend was walking by when we were taking pics. It caught him on the shin and knocked him down.  ;D It left a knot.  ;D Nothing like what would have happened if his mouth wasn't taped.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dominick

Nice clean looking meat.  Thanks for putting that video up.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

RowdyW

Dominick

Bob, I knew a guy in NYC that had a live alligator in a tank in his basement.  It was a little over 5 feet long.  That thing would strike sideways faster than a snake, so I know what you mean by striking sideways.  We used to put live mice in its cage and watch it strike.  This guy also had several boas in tanks also, that's why we had live mice to feed the alligator.  We used to feed it leftover food.  It would eat anything.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

fsrmn

We have a "gator club" here where you have to bare hand a gator over 5 ft into the boat by yourself to get in. There are 9 of us in it so far. These guys take it to a whole new level. :o
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Dominick

A couple of comments.  The guy is an idiot if he thinks he can get away with doing that.  Getting away with it once doesn't mean he will on another occasion.  Good thing he had a scope on that rifle or he might have missed.  His old man did not say it but he could have blown out the guys eardrums firing a rifle so close to his head.  These guys are not brave they are stupid.  Dominick

ChileRelleno

Hi Bob,
looks like y'all are doing good and having a great hunt this year.
Y'all be careful and continue having a blast out there.

Looking at your initial pics I was thinking to myself, "Dem gators are still alive, just look at their eyes."
Sure enuff, good thing that big'un didn't really hurt your partner when he gave a love tap.

Wish I could get a chance at gator hunting sometime.
Or at least go pig hunting to help with bait.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cone

John, Your welcome anytime. We found the pigs on the Choctawhatchee! It rained 8-10 hours before and there was fresh sign everywhere.  ;D  I want to go back with my crossbow when hunting season opens. You wouldn't even have to cut a shooting lane. The pigs have everything opened up.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD