9ft 3in Gator Today

Started by Newell Nut, August 31, 2016, 06:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

I shared a hunt today with my good friend Warren Yadon from Idaho today guided by Captain Kevin Brotz at GetBitoutdoors.com
It was a blast participating in my first gator hunt and I have another scheduled in Sept. If this is on your bucket list give Kevin a shout and get booked. It took place somewhere in Central Florida is all that I can reveal. ;D

mo65

Baddass!! That's great...awesome!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Steve-O

Nice, Dwight!

Guess sometime next month you'll be changing your avatar from a King Salmon to a Big Lizard! :D

Tightlines667

Nice!

That's sum good eating right there.  Sounds like a great adventure.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Steve-O on August 31, 2016, 07:19:04 PM
Nice, Dwight!

Guess sometime next month you'll be changing your avatar from a King Salmon to a Big Lizard! :D

That salmon is getting kind of old.  ;)

conchydong

Nice work Dwight. For variation from the usual fried bites, I sometimes cut some thin tail or loin pieces, pound them a bit, marinate and skewer them and cook them over coals like Satay with a dipping sauce.

Bet you are stoked for September. I used to get in the lotto and Gator hunt years back but I got out of it as I got older and lazier. I now have my nephew supplying me.  ;D

Scott

Newell Nut

Quote from: conchydong on August 31, 2016, 08:24:28 PM
Nice work Dwight. For variation from the usual fried bites, I sometimes cut some thin tail or loin pieces, pound them a bit, marinate and skewer them and cook them over coals like Satay with a dipping sauce.

Bet you are stoked for September. I used to get in the lotto and Gator hunt years back but I got out of it as I got older and lazier. I now have my nephew supplying me.  ;D

Scott

Stoked for sure. I had a blast. Kevin says to go to his gator site for more information. http://www.floridagatorhunting.com/videos/

Cone

Nice gator, Dwight! The hunting up here is a little different than where you are. But either place its a team effort! We had a young Mennonite with us this year. After catching a couple he said " I don't know how to tell my wife, I'm hooked."   ;D  I would like to get one over 12 this year. Easier said than done. But I would really like to get in the 13' club.  ;)    Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Newell Nut

Quote from: Cone on September 01, 2016, 02:40:16 PM
Nice gator, Dwight! The hunting up here is a little different than where you are. But either place its a team effort! We had a young Mennonite with us this year. After catching a couple he said " I don't know how to tell my wife, I'm hooked."   ;D  I would like to get one over 12 this year. Easier said than done. But I would really like to get in the 13' club.  ;)    Bob

A 13 footer is just like getting a big fish. Keep a hook in the water and the right one will come along when you least expect it.