Hurricane Lester Approaches the Main Hawaiian Islands

Started by Tightlines667, September 01, 2016, 09:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Hurricane Lester is nearing the Main Hawaiian Islands.  It is expected to pass just north of the chain, and will likely produce tropical storm conditions with a 40% chance of sustained winds in the 40knot+ range, throughout the weekend, with localized rainfall rates temporarily approaching 1-5"/hour, and high surf on North and East facing shores.

I have been recieving daily updates straight from the Horses Mouth at the NOAA facility daily.

More information can be found here....

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_ep3.shtml?5-daynl

Gotta go button down the boat.  Maybe I should switch my insurance to full coverage here.. lol.

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bill B

Bunker up brother, gas up the generator, be safe hope it passes without too much carnage...please keep us posted on the storm....bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Makule

Hurricane M just missed us to the south, after being downgraded to a tropical storm.  We were fortunate to only have "normal" winds and rain, but some others had fairly high winds and rain.

"Lester" is supposed to pass us on Saturday, to the north, and it's still got pretty strong winds.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

ReelFishingProblems

My in-laws live on the big island, south Kona to south point, last one wasn't bad, hoping this one isn't either. I hope everyone on this site on the islands stays safe too.

Makule

It looks like Lester is passing us to the north and has been downgraded to level 1.  Hopefully, it'll keep the same path and diminishing strength.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Gfish

Mighty windy on Kaua'i now(fri., 12:45pm). So my Sat. Fishing's kaput! Surf's up though. Supposed to shuttle people around for our big Marathon Sunday on the South side. Mabey they'll cancel it? Darn! It's paying gig for me.
Gfish(AKA, Mr. Self-centered)
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oc1

I didn't realize you're on Kauai Gfish.

Madeline stirred things up dropping the water temperature two or three degrees over the past few days so there's not much energy left for poor Lester.
-steve

Gfish

Steve, are you on this Island? I live on the South side, in the Omao area. Gonna have to see how the lower temps. n' wind affect the fishing next week. Last week I finally broke my Ulua cherry on the Islands, got lots a meat and I can catch & release fish now, esp. when it comes to any future GT's. Glad the marathon will happen tomorrow, lots a runners & other folks are here for that and it should be a fun driving job. I'm a simi-retired school bus driver. Worst job: driving drunk wedding guests to & from a reception, best; field trips with primary grade or kindergarten kids.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oc1