Penn serial # ?? International 70 Big Game Special w/pics

Started by Big Tim, September 04, 2016, 12:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Can I get some info on Ser.# C000270 Penn International 70 2spd. Date of mfg. Thanks

BT

Hamachi

Somewhere on here it says the first two numbers is the mfg. date. 2000?
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Robert Janssen

I thought those reels were introduced around 2002.

Tightlines667

I would say that reel is from 2000 based on the first 2 digits, but Scott's says first year of manufacture is 2002, so I'm not sure.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Big Tim

Sorry guys I should have gotten some pics...No V on the reel. Alan and I looked at it yesterday. New in box & I believe a blue color box.

BT

Dominick

Tim it turns out that reel is very rare.  It should go for 10 grand on ebay.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Quote from: Dominick on September 05, 2016, 05:19:03 PM
Tim it turns out that reel is very rare.  It should go for 10 grand on ebay.   ;D Dominick

Tim... will you take 11K?

Steve

RowdyW

At that price he should offer free S&H.

Big Tim

Quote from: swill88 on September 05, 2016, 06:52:11 PM

Steve

Yes I will Steve  ;D

josa1

If this Serial Number follows the typical Penn set up.....

C = March
00 = 2000
0270 = The reel manufactured that month.

Hope this is correct.

josa1

FatTuna

That's interesting because I have an 80STW that was made in 2003. I didn't know that there was overlap between the different generations.

Tightlines667

Quote from: FatTuna on November 11, 2016, 04:11:17 AM
That's interesting because I have an 80STW that was made in 2003. I didn't know that there was overlap between the different generations.

Good point.  There was an overlap of 4 years or so here.  Be interesting to see the actual production numbers by model, and year.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Keta

Quote from: swill88 on September 05, 2016, 06:52:11 PM

Steve

I have 2 of these and 1 with the normal shift and will part with one for $9000,00
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Penn

The PENN 70 big game special had a short life.  Introduced in 2000 and quickly discontinued a year later.  Changed to the "VS" series in 2002.  Nothing really changed other than the name.  International 70 Big Game Special in 2000, International 70VS by 2002. 

tony

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain