Request permission to come aboard

Started by USN_ED, September 05, 2016, 05:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Ed welcome.  I tried to attach a youtube video of piping aboard but for some reason couldn't.  So weeeeeeoooooooweeeee.  Dominick

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Boatswain_piping.jpg/170px-Boatswain_piping.jpg
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

Welcome. Lots of good people here that share a lot of informative stuff.

BTW, Thanks for your many years of service.

erikpowell

Superhook

You've been piped aboard Ed . Welcome.

In those 24 years did the Captain ever say " We'll anchor up here for a Fish" ?  or " Set the Troll lines" ?

Ray

Gfish

Howzit USN_ED. Love N. E. Calif. You ever fish the Pit river?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

thorhammer

Ed, welcome and thank you for your long service!

John

USN_ED

Quote from: Dominick on September 07, 2016, 12:02:14 AM
Ed welcome.  I tried to attach a youtube video of piping aboard but for some reason couldn't.  So weeeeeeoooooooweeeee.  Dominick

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Boatswain_piping.jpg/170px-Boatswain_piping.jpg

Well, I guess it's official.  I've been piped aboard.

and Gfish - Yes, I have fished the Pit River.  There is great trout fishing in the North Fork of the Pit River between Likely and Jess Valley.
ED

Maxed Out

Welcome aboard Sir, Fred is right, you'll fit right in here. 8) 8)

I bet you've seen a lot of the world being in the navy that long. Thank you for your service to our great country !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

Welcome aboard Ed.

Alturas?  Was I the only one who said were is Alturas?  Wow, you are way out there and looks like a nece place to visit. Is that a high desert area?

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

USN_ED

Yes, Alturas is in the High Desert.  Alturas is just across the Warner Mountains (about 18 miles) from Ceaderville where Alan went squirrel shooting last year.
ED

foakes

My wife's Aunt Barbara was in charge of 4 California County Library systems during her career, before retiring to Bremerton, Washington.

Her first assignment was the County Library in Alturas -- back in the 40's.

Nice area, big bucks, think it is still an X Zone.  Seen some very large racks during Archery Season.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

Quote from: USN_ED on September 11, 2016, 05:25:36 PM
Yes, Alturas is in the High Desert.  Alturas is just across the Warner Mountains (about 18 miles) from Ceaderville where Alan went squirrel shooting last year.

ok, gotta ask!  any places to shoot up there? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

USN_ED

For you Alan, I think the best bet for you would be where you were last year as the "Cedarville Shoot" and the ranches/farms around there welcome shooters from far and wide and the land owners there have no problem letting people shoot during that time. 

It's not like it use to be where a land owner would pass out 500-round bricks to anyone shooting on their property.  I'm sure you heard stories last year about teams of shooters turning in 1,000 or more squirrels each day in order to win the shoot and that's just one team.  Those numbers are not too far off.

When we first moved here in May of 2000, I bought 20,000 rounds (4-cases) of .22 LR Winchester ammo.  I'd shot it all by July of 2001 and bought another 10,000 rounds to finish out the year.  That's all gone too and I've bought a lot more since.

Ammo is not as easy to get these days and as a result, the shooting is not like it use to be. 
ED

alantani

well, i've got plenty of ammo. i just need targets and a clear/safe line of fire.  my sister-in-law lives in fall river.  i've had her checking out places in the area.  just exploring options!  if you hear of anyone that could accommodate a shooter or two, please let us know! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!