A few Oahu's Fishing Supplies

Started by Bryan Young, March 23, 2011, 02:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: noyb72 on January 08, 2014, 10:12:22 PM
Bryan,
I go to McCullys from work in Pearl. It is right down the road.
Ron
Wow, that's 9 miles in the opposite direction from your home.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

It looks pretty sweet. Hold onto that one for me. ;D
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

Bryan,
I don't live there anymore. I'm now in Waianae. Just North of Nanakuli. I usually go back to the office after a trip to the strip club, and I don't think Waipahu cycle has fishing gear. I'll go check them out though.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Quote from: noyb72 on January 09, 2014, 07:05:15 PM
Bryan,
I don't live there anymore. I'm now in Waianae. Just North of Nanakuli. I usually go back to the office after a trip to the strip club, and I don't think Waipahu cycle has fishing gear. I'll go check them out though.
Ron
Ron, Waipahu is sort of on your way home.  They do have fishing gear. It's known as Buster's.  If you get lost, might be better you ask "where's Buster's?"

Ron Jones

My kid's go to school in Waipahu. It is on my way home when I ride my bike, I just normally go to Roy's for fishing or The Bike Shop for bike stuff.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Tightlines667

Here is another shop to add to Brian's list...
McCully Bicycle & Sporting Goods
Ph#:  (808) 955-6329. Fax#:  (808) 949-6806 E-mail: staff@mccullybike.com
Address: 2124 S. King St   Honolulu, HI 96826

And they have a sister store:
Waipahu Bicycle & Sporting located @
94-320 Waipahu Depot St, Waipahu, HI
Ph#: (808)671-4091

Both shops carry a good selection of shoreline and trolling equiptment and often have some of the best deals around on reel repair supplies (grease, corrosion X, speed X, ect), rods, and offer reel repair services at the Waipahu location.

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tightlines667

More pics of the McCulley location....
Hope springs eternal

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
"

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Stopped by Hawaii's first, one & only saltwater fly fishing shop today and thought I'd share some info...

Nervous Waters
Located @
3434 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu Hawaii 96816
Ph# 808-734-7359
Web:  http://www.nervouswaterhawaii.com/default.asp?nc=44&id=1

This is a small hole-in-the-wall shop located off of the beaten path in the Kaimuki area.  The shop is the go-to source for everything fly fishing in the hawaiian islands.  They offer fly fishing tackle and equiptment, and have everything to get you set up for walk-in, boat, moving water, or standing water fly fishing on the HI islands and beyond.  They and their network of friends offer guided fly fishing (or spinning gear) primarily targeting inshore species such as Bonefish, trevelly (Ulua, Papio, etc.), barracuda, ladyfish or targeting peacock bass, largemouth bass, Red Devils, and other fish in freshwater lakes.  They can also help plan a trip to exotic fly fishing locales such as Christmas Island, Kirribati.  Clay maintains a blog of his adventures which can be accessed from the website (since April '09).  If you are going to be fly fishing in Hawaii, these are the guys to talk to.

Hope springs eternal

Bryan Young

Wow. I gotta check that place out. What is the cross street?

Tightlines667

1/2 block diamond head of 8th, Mauka side of Waialae ave.  They are tucked back on the alley.
Hope springs eternal

Ron Jones

I've spent hours on their web page, but haven't been to the shop yet.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"