A few Oahu's Fishing Supplies

Started by Bryan Young, March 23, 2011, 02:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

And heres another local shop, located right in town here. 

Charley's Fishing Supply Inc
670 Auahi St #A10, Honolulu, HI
Ph#: (808)528-7474

They cater to the shore fisherman and have a good selection of rods, reels, tackle, and line (including holow core), as well as sum heavier stuff.  The staff is knowledgable and helpful.   The are also one of the only shops in town to carry 1lb of Cal's.

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal

Tightlines667

Then there is this little hole-in-the-wall shop in the Chinatown area...
K.Kaya Fishing
901 Kekaulike Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
Ph#:  (808)538-1578

This little shop focuses on shoreline and light tackle fishing, but also carries ligyt commercial net crab trap, and handline gear.  They have some unique handmade handline spools that are pretty cool.  they stock sum reel parts, and have a homemade line spooling machine for smsll reels that caught my attention.

Hope springs eternal

Ron Jones

I'll need to check that place out.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Tightlines667

More pics..
Hope springs eternal

Shark Hunter

Man! That is just crazy! The amount of tackle shops there. I am very jealous! ;D
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

And then there is the long-time shop near the Kalihi Area...

J & E Fishing Supplies Inc
565 Kokea St, Honolulu, HI
Ph#:  (808)846-4327

This shop is run by two nice and knowledgable Asian ladies and features a wide selection of shoreline and light tackle rods, and penn and okuma reels.  They also have sum light commercial gear, and a good supply of penn reel parts.  They were not too keen on me taking photos and I don't think they like the idea of Internet advertising.  They would prefer you come on down and see for yourself.  Having said that here are just a couple of pics to give you an idea...
Hope springs eternal

Tightlines667

And I figured I couldn't leave West Marine outta the list.  They recently moved to a great big new building located right next to the commercial fishing pier 17 on Nimitz.  Their fishing section is heavily offshore oriented and they have a great selection of rods, line, reels, baits, and such.  The dept. manager and the assistant manager are both very knowledgable and experienced.  

West Marine
420 N Nimitz Hwy, Honolulu, HI
Ph#:  (808)526-4120
Web:  http://m.westmarine.com/

Hope springs eternal

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal

Ron Jones

I just met Brian at Brian's fishing supply. Great guy, turns out the old All Stars used some funky glue on their tips that is a bear to get off, so I'm having them do it. They also have Bryan Youngs Jigmaster kits in stock, a bunch of Dawn's stuff, SS gear sleeves and will soon have Alan C.s SS Jigmaster bridges. Their is one corner of the store that basically represent's the Alan Tani Ohana.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Ron, I've yet to see a some pics from you. You need to start taking some photos.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

There's a picture of my Tuna Special on here somewhere. Also, a picture of my daughter. I am planning my first tutorial of a Pro Gear Pacifica I got from Bryan using Alan Cs bridge, Dawns yoke, the Boss's SS Gear Sleeve, Lee's hex insert and Penn 4:1 steel gears when the bridges come in next week. That will be my primary 40 pound rig for the trip in June.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Alto Mare

Cool, I'll be looking forward to it. Take lots of shots on that trip ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.