swimming with Orca's

Started by Shark Hunter, September 07, 2016, 02:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Yep! Nuttier than a fruitcake.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

a darwin moment if i ever saw one.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

That's here in Auckland.
They're part of a larger pod that visits the Hauraki Gulf a lot, chasing down stingrays.
It's actually not uncommon to come across them if you're out on the water at this time of year.
I've had 'em close when fishing off the paddleboard around Brown's and Motuihe Islands.
Had a once-in-a-lifetime closeup on an early morning swim a couple of years ago, about half a mile off Kohimarama beach.
Kinda freaked Debbie out when I told her about it, but I thought it was great.  ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Steve-O

Yessir, I do believe we were about to witness that fine line being crossed between " Stop playing with your food! " and "Eat your dinner!"

Orca say, "Longy seal taste yum yum!"

swill88

Guy swam with the baby.... Mom & Dad might be different...

David Hall

Yeah who decides when the game is over?

Bill B

Daron, maybe you should talk with him about swimming your shark baits out and holding them for you.... ::)   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

whalebreath

Quote from: swill88 on September 07, 2016, 10:13:37 PM
Guy swam with the baby.... Mom & Dad might be different...
That's exactly what I was thinking IME the young ones are quite playful older ones indifferent at best.

Shark Hunter

I would swear it was nipping at his feet. Baby or not, That fish has to weigh a ton.
I just could not believe he jumped right into the water with it. I guess he has did this a time or two.
I have no problem kayaking some baits out a couple hundred yards, but I'm not swimming with them if I can help it.
I guess I just don't understand. It looks like fun, but I am not man enough to tempt fate like that.
I know what is under my Kayak. I just don't want to mingle until I get back to shore. ;)
Life is Good!

steelhead_killer

Video should be named "Eaten by Orcas"

8)
><)))">

ChileRelleno

Not as crazy as the people that freedive with Bulls, Tigers and Great Whites.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."