Dinner? This is what was for dinner tonight

Started by SoCalAngler, September 08, 2016, 12:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Sorry that I didn't show the pics from dinner tonight but as you may be able to understand sometimes it's better to eat, great and have good times with friends than take pics. As soon as I made most things they were whisked to hunger people and I like that....remember the cook has to taste everything before he or she sends it out, So, yes I'm full. I know some of you may say full of what? but hey isn't that what fishing is all about?

I made a "to go plate" for my neighbors and and this is what it looked like.

Mostly seared BFT, some belly meat, my spicy tuna and other pieces of belly for the grill.

I was surprised on how fatty the tuna were, they must of been eating well.

Any way just a bit of the tasty morsels we had tonight.

steelfish

nice knife.

terrific plate, Eat fresh Tuna, is still on my bucket list.. of course caught by me

The Baja Guy

Big Tim

Can I say with love in my heart..I hate you & the fact that I'm not your neighbor  ;D Looks great man.

BT

pjstevko

Quote from: Big Tim on September 08, 2016, 01:51:14 AM
Can I say with love in my heart..I hate you & the fact that I'm not your neighbor  ;D Looks great man.

BT

I completely agree 100%.... You stink only because I can't have any... I love tuna belly, that's the best part!

Tightlines667

Good stuff.  

I think I've got that same knife.

Wish I had some of the fish to cut with it.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Dude can I be your neighbor!!!  I swear I will never tell anyone about your tuna plates.....I will even bring my own plates.... ;D   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tiddlerbasher

I'm sending over an ice box from the UK - please make sure it is full when you return it ;D ;D ;D

smnaguwa

conchydong

That looks really good and the belly fat makes my mouth water. I also have what looks like the same knife that I purchased in Little Tokyo (L.A.) when on a vacation in California some years ago.

SoCalAngler

As a side note for anyone looking to buy a sushi knife do some research. I spent a month, really about a hour or two a couple of times a week, learning about the different steel's, manufactures and price points. I got lucky and read some reviews about the manufacture in Japan that makes this knifes, their rep from sushi chef's and the steel types they use. My goal was to get a good  
knife for around $200. This knife cost me $75 shipped here to the states, their web site had it listed at $175 (white steel not blue which can double or triple the price easily). The shipping address on the box I received from Japan was the location of their factory, sure it could of been altered but it seemed to me hand written first in Japanese then in English with my address the same way. The last touch that made me feel the knife was the real deal was a note from the person who made the blade for the knife, again hand written in Japanese (not something that looked like a printed note but made from a pen and even some smudges which looked like he was sanding blades all day). Sure it could of been a internet scam type of thing and at $75 I would of not lost much but the little research I did I feel payed off.

David Hall

That is a nice blade but the real prize is that blue fin!