Local BFT

Started by SoCalAngler, September 07, 2016, 06:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Well if you call running 60 miles one way local, then it was.

Ran out to San Clement island today for the bigger tuna which had been in the reports for the last week. We fished right next to the Spirit Of Adventure all day while we both were on the hook at the island.

This fish went around 75 lbs and I had another fish which felt bigger that got sawed off in a tangle with and other hooked fish where we both lost our fish >:( not his fault or mine.... some people need to learn how to fish spectra lines if you get my drift.

Anyway not a bad day for me 2 bites and one fish.

RiverAngler

It's what's for dinner!
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

Newell Nut

A lot of nice dinners there. I love seared ahi.

bigggfish

Just got back from a 1.5 day on the New Lo-An.  Always my go to boat for the last 30 years.  Nick Cates passed the legacy onto Markus who now owns and runs the boat with a first class set of young gun crew members who are super.  We also went out to the back side of San Clemente.  There were 40 boats out there and while it wasn't wide open, it was a nice steady pick for some awesome grade of bluefin. I managed 4 fish (of course I gave two away).  I got on a live squid we made just before dawn, one on the kite which was super fun to see a 90 pound explosion on the kite bait and two on sardines (which I had to drop down to 40# with fluorocarbon for).  Here is a picture of one of them.  They were all within about 5 pounds of this one.  Awesome fishing within day and a half range.  This was a great tune up to a couple of long range fall trips.  Can't wait!!  Sweet retirement!!!

Jim

swill88

Great fishing guys!  Thanks.

David Hall

Do me a favor and let a few of them pass on up north to Monterey Bay?
Well done and good eating.

Dominick

Well done to both of you.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

My mouth is watering. Well done gents.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

My son took the boat out overnight to the rigs in LA and only brought home 5 20lb BFT and couple of Mahi.

A waste of fuel..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL