Zebco 33 Made in USA.

Started by railroad, September 13, 2016, 12:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railroad

I have a Zebco 33. Ma
de in USA, In Tulsa, OK. It has brass internal parts. Never have I seen one quite like this 33.

foakes

Can you post some good pics of the exterior and interior?

Thanks,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

railroad

railroad

pic of 33

railroad

33 Pictures

alantani

this thing is pretty old!!!!  have you tried contacting anyone at zebco?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Robert Janssen

Quote from: railroad on September 13, 2016, 12:39:48 AM
...Never have I seen one quite like this 33.

These reels are made by the millions, and have been since the '50s.
What in particular is unusual in this one?

mo65

There are so many versions and models of the 33 it's mind numbing. Some are quite valuable...but most are just good little fishin' reels. Here's a link to one similar to yours. I have one too...but my front cover is black. 8)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-50s-Zebco-33-Spincast-fishing-reel-with-metal-foot-Made-in-USA-/272353112287?hash=item3f6982b0df:g:zWcAAOSwgZ1Xv0ap

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Hello, Railroad --

Got to have a lot of respect for the Zebco reels.

Zero Hour Bomb Company, started in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Started many a fisherman on their lifelong path of enoying the sport and the outdoors.

Simple, inexpensive, proven...

I still see a fair number of good catfish fisherman using the big old 808 wound with 30 pound and a stout Ugly Stik.

The giant whiskered pigs they pull out from under the logs, brambles, and dark places of the San Joaquin River gravel pits or the West Side canals here in California, are nearly unbelievable.

For expert information, contact Dick Braun or Clinton Beeler, Jr..

They are on the ORCA site.

If you decide to follow this further, you will find much information about the various identifications, raritys, and history of a reel that many of us scoff at -- but sold millions and millions -- and is still going strong as ever.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rivverrat

I for one think it's a pretty cool reel. Been using the same one to catch bait for 35 years. ....Jeff