Thorhammer goes to skool on the Left Coast- trip report

Started by thorhammer, September 13, 2016, 09:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

nice write up compadre John

it looks like a nice group of friends, I really appreciate you guys for posting this kind of pics, it remains me that a fisherman on everypart of the world enjoys fishing but always with a nice group of friends, food and a cup of vino.. or tequila.

The Baja Guy

Big Tim

Great report John! I wish that I could have made at least one of the trips.

BT

anglingarchitect

thank you for taking us all along. ;D We could almost smell and taste it.

Mark

Alto Mare

Very nice John, I'm glad you had a great time.
Great report!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on September 14, 2016, 12:35:49 AM
dinner was great.  i was looking at the bugs and decided to pass.  i wasn't sure what part was edible.   ;D

This is what Alan is talking about.  Here's a guy that will eat raw fish and he won't eat a perfectly cooked crayfish.  He should have watched Tony (Rockfish Ninja).  Tony broke off the tail, split it and ate the tail like a miniature lobster then sucked the juicy flavor out of the head.  Good going Tony.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

It's not easy to be an AT member, look at the hosting skills on display and they even brung out the Sunday dinnerware.  I would have thouroughly enjoyed hanging with you all but duty called and I being the good patriot answered.  Actually one of my competitors who I trained and set up in his own business is a guard member and got a late call to report for three days so I make it a point to always fill in for him and cover his regular job while he's away, then he reciprocates so I can go fishing during the week.  Timing just didn't work out in my favour this time but reading all the great posts I almost feel like I was there, I'd have ate the bugs!
You guys put more salmon on the deck than I saw all season in my waters!
thanks for sharing the love.

Dominick

Quote from: David Hall on September 14, 2016, 02:59:22 AM

You guys put more salmon on the deck than I saw all season in my waters!
thanks for sharing the love.
We had to go all the way past Bolinas to get those.  There must have been a hundred boats around Duxbury reef and not everyone was catching.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

You were on the right boat, at the right time, with the right people, in the right place, fishing the right gear, and there just happened to be some fish there at the same time that where hungry.
How could it possibly have turned out any other way?

Steve-O

GREAT THREAD!  another home run. Maybe I don't do Penn reel hotrodding but for me this is what the AT site is all about.

Dominick, your plate pic is "The Money Shot".

Thor- believe it or not but in that first pic, you departing RDU, is my wallet, some loose change, and a pair of very nice Vintage Bausch and Lomb Aviator Sunglasses.  All at the bottom of that lake.  I used to sail there often and dumped my boat once, real hard, in big wind.

That pic brought back lots of memories for me, thanks.

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: Dominick on September 14, 2016, 02:05:53 AM
Quote from: alantani on September 14, 2016, 12:35:49 AM
dinner was great.  i was looking at the bugs and decided to pass.  i wasn't sure what part was edible.   ;D

This is what Alan is talking about.  Here's a guy that will eat raw fish and he won't eat a perfectly cooked crayfish.  He should have watched Tony (Rockfish Ninja).  Tony broke off the tail, split it and ate the tail like a miniature lobster then sucked the juicy flavor out of the head.  Good going Tony.  Dominick

I ain't uh-scared uh no bugs. ;D
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Tiddlerbasher

Shark Hunter

I've never ate little bugs.
I'm sure I would have gave it a try.
Bugs is Bugs. ;)
Life is Good!