Virg's Monday 9/19 special pricing on 3/4 day trip...$36!

Started by pjstevko, September 15, 2016, 03:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Quote from: Porthos on September 16, 2016, 02:35:29 PM
So...do we need to get our own squid?

I was going to go to my local Asian market and buy a some for myself, a couple lbs for Alan and can pick up for anyone else who wants some.

Steve

Bryan Young

They usually provide strip squid for everyone but if you want to use whole squid like Alan you need to bring your own.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pjstevko

Wow this is shaping up to be another AT packed trip which I'll miss again.....

I'm glad I posted the deal so you guys can take advantage...

Catch'em up boy and girls!!!!!

Aiala

Quote from: Porthos on September 16, 2016, 02:21:30 PM
Hey Aiala, If I can drive up from San Diego for this, you should be able to drive in from the desert to join, yes?  Wai  ;)

Wai, sounds like fun and I'm sure y'all will have a blast, but with the Jewish High Holidays just around the corner I can't really leave my 101-year-old Dad... plus, a 600-plus mile round trip solo drive is frankly too daunting a prospect for me.  :P

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Big Tim

Quote from: pjstevko on September 16, 2016, 03:19:22 PM

PJ, thanks or posting this up. It's a good deal and we all wish you were coming as well.Also we don't need much of a reason to drink, fish and tell lies  ;D ;D ;D

BT

pjstevko

Quote from: Big Tim on September 16, 2016, 04:23:10 PM
Quote from: pjstevko on September 16, 2016, 03:19:22 PM

PJ, thanks or posting this up. It's a good deal and we all wish you were coming as well.Also we don't need much of a reason to drink, fish and tell lies  ;D ;D ;D

BT

Actually Tim it seems the one reason you need as an excuse to get together is a good deal on a fishing trip!!!

I'm gonna try to go on the late oct / early nov trip but it'll depend on the status of my injury....If i can't make that one I'll definitely go on a trip before the season ends....I gotta get one trip in the break in that new reel Fred made for me!!!!

If any of you are gamblers......I got $5 says that lure you made wins the jackpot fish!!!! (or the smallest!!!!)

Porthos

I'll be driving thru the OC so at least two 99 Ranches within striking distance from I-5, I-405...

swill88

I picked up two 3# boxes of squid for $12 each at my local Asian supermarket (we could eat them for dinner!). 

The bait shops around here charge $6 to 8 for a 1# box.

Putting away the squid I found 2 1# boxes buried in my freezer. 

I've got 8# total...  who wants any?

steve

Porthos

I'll see if 99 Ranch has 5lb boxes and pick one up...may check the bottom of my freezer as well  ;D. So potentially 13+ lbs total...I think we're covered.

swill88

Quote from: Porthos on September 16, 2016, 06:51:25 PM
I'll see if 99 Ranch has 5lb boxes and pick one up...may check the bottom of my freezer as well  ;D. So potentially 13+ lbs total...I think we're covered.

Agreed!

I'd like to know the price at the 99 Ranch as there is one nearby.  Thanks.

Big Tim

More Squid than anyone could ever use on a 3/4 day  ;D  Dinner though? That's a thought.

BT

theswimmer

OK
Ran this by my boss this morning.
I'm trying to work out the details.
Stand by for updates.
If there is a silver Dodge 4x4 blocking everyone's parking in the AM Monday , please wake me up!
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

Quote from: theswimmer on September 16, 2016, 09:33:10 PM
OK
Stand by for updates.
If there is a silver Dodge 4x4 blocking everyone's parking in the AM Monday , please wake me up!
Best,
JT

Now we're talking. A possibility of a JT sighting.

BT

swill88

Quote from: theswimmer on September 16, 2016, 09:33:10 PM
OK
Stand by for updates.
Best,
JT
Jonathan, you know we want to see you...

If you had some of Ms Mari's lasagna we would love to see you even more!

Steve

Big Tim