Grilled Chicken & Sausage, Oh Yeah, Tacos Too

Started by ChileRelleno, September 22, 2016, 03:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

I spatchcocked three birds and heavily seasoned them with sea salt, cumin, paprika, chile powder, onion powder, garlic herb mix and habanero mesquite.
Tossed them on the grill and closed the lid for about 30 minutes before flipping and moving them to the upper rack for the remainder.
About 15 minutes before the chicken would be at temp I threw a few pounds of Conecuh Smoked Sausage on too.

Meanwhile I'd been busy whipping up some fresh Guacamole.
Guacamole makes my wife and my MiL very happy, and when they're happy, I'm happy too.  Since I love fresh guacamole too, its a three way win.

I had to have some tacos so I shredded some chicken, crumbled some queso Anejo, some sour cream, a line of habenero Salsa and plenty of that guacamole on some corn tortillas. 
A squeeze of lime to set it off and I chowed down!

The next day everybody wanted chicken fajitas.
Shredded the remaining chicken and set it aside.
Sliced up a large onion and bell pepper too, add some minced garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, chile powder and threw it all in a hot skillet with a healthy dose of EVOO.  Cooked the veggies till they started to soften and threw in the chicken and a can of Cilantro/Lime Rotel.
I let that cook on high for about 5 minutes, mixing it to keep from burning.

Taco Time Again!

Ice cold Perrier with a squeeze of lime to wash it all down.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

MarkT

I'd eat that. However a three way including the MiL just sounds disturbing!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ChileRelleno

:-[  Now that I reread that line...  LMAO. 
Mom was a hottie back in her prime, know where my wife got her looks, that apple landed right next to the tree.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

twotone

twotone

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Good eats at John's house.  Let's have a staff meeting there.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.