PENN 60/65 Long Beach

Started by USN_ED, September 29, 2016, 09:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USN_ED

I acquired an older PENN 60 Long Beach a while back, cleaned it up, rebuilt it - greased HT-100 drags and all - put it back together and this is what I came up with.

At first, I thought I could live with the corroded spool although I had cleaned and greased it but it was nagging at me soooooooooo, I took it apart and installed a 29L-85 black, aluminum spool on it and this is what I got..

I didn't like the looks of the black spool on it sooooooooooooooooo, I took it apart and installed an OEM 29M-65 stainless spool that I had on hand along with some 37-65 frame posts, a 30-65 stand, and other pieces that I got from Scott's Bait & Tackle and this is what I got.

So, it's a Long Beach 60 with a few Long Beach 65 parts on it (spool, posts, stand, screws, etc.) and it still retains the original Long Beach 60 tail plate.

Thanks to Scott's Bait & Tackle for parts. 
ED

Maxed Out

Very Nice Ed. The stainless spool is a great option and very capable.

Sooooooooooo, one more thing you can do is add a 30-66 seat that will accept a rod clamp.  ;D ;D

Regards, Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

USN_ED

That's not a bad thought.  I just might do it.
ED

RowdyW

OR..... you can add a 112 2/0 spool, 113 posts, & a 200 stand to go even wider. Just a thought.       Rudy

USN_ED

That kinda thinking could get a little expensive Rudy but it's not a bad thought.   
ED

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com