Latest off the Lathe

Started by Newell Nut, October 02, 2016, 07:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

I have not posted here is a while so here is my latest off the lathe which represents my business style and the style that is ordered most often from members and elsewhere. All of my rods are built for battle with a classy style that just does not get old.
The blank is one of my favorites which is a Seeker Hercules GTS80XH 50-80. The customer wanted really strong guides with no inserts so we went with Alps Braced Carbide guides and the spiral design, also added the rope on the fore grip and heavy duty shrink wrap. The seat is an Alps Centra lock.

STRIPER LOU

Vey nice work Dwight. Love the dark grey and black combo. Kind of a stealth bomber look!
Excellent.
........................... Lou

Dominick

The man has talent.  Dwight thanks for posting your results.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

reel man

Dwight, you do excellent work.  Good thing you're so far away because I would keep you very busy.

Dominick

Quote from: reel man on October 02, 2016, 11:29:53 PM
Dwight, you do excellent work.  Good thing you're so far away because I would keep you very busy.
He ships.    ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Dominick on October 02, 2016, 11:53:59 PM
Dwight, you do excellent work.  Good thing you're so far away because I would keep you very busy.
He ships.    ;D ;D Dominick

Thanks to all and Dominick (you crack me up at times) Yes I ship. My next two are Hercules blanks that were dipped to get a real tree camo finish and a brown camo finish on the other for a local customer.

The owner of the posted rod is coming down to fish in a another week and bringing a 540 3.2 to convert to a Newell DW custom 533 3.2 thanks to Tom's sleeves and will have a black Tiburon frame. A true snapper catching set up.

Tiddlerbasher

Bryan Young

Beautiful Dwight. I wasn't aware that Alps makes those guides. Looks like a combo mildrum ring with a perfection frame. I have a few NOS mildrum guides that I will use for my next build. Can't wait.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

Quote from: Dominick on October 02, 2016, 11:53:59 PM
He ships.    ;D ;D Dominick

He ships fast too..
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Newell Nut

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 03, 2016, 03:30:39 PM
Beautiful Dwight. I wasn't aware that Alps makes those guides. Looks like a combo mildrum ring with a perfection frame. I have a few NOS mildrum guides that I will use for my next build. Can't wait.

Bryan, the Alps number is CWBBG for those guides. The frames are 304 SS.