bot attack!

Started by alantani, October 04, 2016, 06:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i am getting up to a hundred bogus registration attempts an hour.  i've been banning individual ip address, email address and log in names as fast as i can.  i also changed the number of challenge questions from one to five.  this will only work for a bit.  for those of you that are trying to register, you will find all the answers you need on the front page.  sorry for the hassle.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

crud.  32 bogus attempts in the last 8 minutes.   >:(

RiverAngler

Hang in there, Boss!
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!

HOLEINTHEWATER

MY LAKE POWELL SITE WAYNESWORDS GOT HACKED AND KILLED. THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A NEW SIGHT GOING.

Tiddlerbasher

nil desperandum carborundum illegitimi >:(

thorhammer

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on October 04, 2016, 12:07:35 PM
nil desperandum carborundum illegitimi >:(
[/quote

my favorite saying

Decker

alantani

over 500 bogus log in attempts last night, all blocked. 

Shark Hunter

You keep a knockin' but you can't come in. ;D
Life is Good!

swill88

What are the bot's bogus registrations attempting to gain?

alantani

they want the email list, and would love to get an admin password and hold this place hostage.  they could also flood this place with ads.  i saw it on another site that was dying because the owner didn't want to maintain it.  very sad.

swill88

Alan, if you can delegate any of the defense work I'll volunteer.

I'm a pretty good blocker ;D

Cortez_Conversions

Ransomware.
They hack in and encrypt data. Then send a link for payment.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

alantani

450 bogus attempts in the last 8 hours.  now that you have to answer five challenge questions, none of them are getting through. 

Dominick

Is one of the questions "are you a robot"?  Those lying robots will never admit to that.   :D ;D If there is anything I can do while you are gone just let me know.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.