Shimano Ocea Jigger 2000NRHG Free Spool Seized

Started by edgarz, October 12, 2016, 08:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edgarz

Hello everyone. My reel lever is jammed at engaged position.
When I flick the lever to free spool it won't go and just would spring back to engaged .
I took the retainer clip holding the bearing under the spool control cap and noticed the bearing being pushed upwards towards the cap when turning the lever to free spool. It will not go to free spool when the retainer clip is put back in place.

I suspect a part has been gone out of position. All bearings are ok and like I said it can pick up line. What's more, I can't find no English schematics anywhere.

Anyone had the same experience?

Thanks in advance for any  help.

Edgar

Jon_Kol

I've seen many Tekota's with the lever stuck in engaged position, but with those reels it hasn't been possible to make the lever move to Free. The yoke plate is usually out of position with the lever when this happens, due to salt/dirt/too much old grease etc. But I've yet to see a reel where the lever springs back into engaged..

If the OJ 2000NRHG is simular on the inside to the OJ 5000 P, the system is very simular to a Tekota/Torium etc. - that's why I mentioned the yoke plate. Since the lever goes back into engaged position, I gather that the system in your reel either has a yoke plate with a spring, or the lever's spring is not fully retracting?

Just a couple of ideas, anyway..

edgarz

Quote from: Jon_Kol on October 13, 2016, 07:20:04 AM
I've seen many Tekota's with the lever stuck in engaged position, but with those reels it hasn't been possible to make the lever move to Free. The yoke plate is usually out of position with the lever when this happens, due to salt/dirt/too much old grease etc. But I've yet to see a reel where the lever springs back into engaged..

If the OJ 2000NRHG is simular on the inside to the OJ 5000 P, the system is very simular to a Tekota/Torium etc. - that's why I mentioned the yoke plate. Since the lever goes back into engaged position, I gather that the system in your reel either has a yoke plate with a spring, or the lever's spring is not fully retracting?

Just a couple of ideas, anyway..

Jon, this reel was used 3 months ago for less than half a dozen times, rinsed, dried, sprayed with CRC-66 then put in storage. I did see a little salt crystals under the control cap but that's about it (funny how they got through the o-ring). The yoke plate assembly and springs are clean and greased. What I don't get is why is the bearing under the control cap blocking or stopping the lever mechanism to disengage. As I mentioned earlier, when removing the retainer clip holding the bearing under the spool control cap the bearing would be pushed outwards and the lever would go to free spool position.

edgarz

It's probably got something to do with the pinion gear and the yoke. Gonna check this out during the weekend.

Jon_Kol

Quote from: edgarz on October 13, 2016, 02:14:13 PM
It's probably got something to do with the pinion gear and the yoke. Gonna check this out during the weekend.

No chance of the yoke having been installed up-side down? I can't remember if this mishap still makes it possible to move the lever, I just recall going somewhat mental a long time ago on an Ambassadeur where I had turned the yoke up-side down by accident, and I could not get the reel to function properly. :D

edgarz

Finally got to the bottom of this with a little help from my friend. It was the pinion getting stuck in the bearing. Funny how salt passed through the o-ring. I'm glad no other parts were affected.

Ron Jones

Glad you got it figured out. I live under salt water and can tell you for a fact that NOTHING will stop it from getting inside everything. Especially an o ring. I don't know why this is, I just know that it is.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"