Rod to pair with Spinfisher 10500

Started by ReelFishingProblems, October 15, 2016, 04:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

Hey group,

I picked up a spinfisher v 10500 for a good price but now I need advice on what to pair it with. Looking for something that won't break the bank but the blank won't break either.  It needs to be able to fish from shore as well as be okay for fishing from a boat too.
How long can a rod get to allow long casting before it is cumbersome on a boat?

Thanks for the help, numerous suggestions at different price points are helpful.

Nick,
Monterey, Ca
Soon to be Tampa, FL

thorhammer

Nick that's a tough one because you got yourself a beast. 8' is about max generally for a boat. If it were me, I would see which way I would fish the most and rod to that, then pick up a pawn shop or yard sale special on the backside. If you like pm me where you want to be and I'll see what turns up. If we find a deal I'll do you a rebuild for just cost of parts you want and sending it out.

Hope you guys are good!

John

Shark Hunter

That Ten Five is a Honker.
I'm thinking Ugly stick.
Life is Good!

ReelFishingProblems

Daron,
my initial instinct makes me think of an Ugly Stik.

John,

The family is doing very well, somehow I my wife and I got our wires crossed and she's been in Hawaii for 2 weeks (not fishing!) and I have been home with the girls. Nobody has died, nor have I had to call Alan for medical advice for all the things kids can get in trouble doing. I'd call that a dad win.  ;D
As far as a rebuild, I would be deeply honored if you rebuilt a rod for me. I'm just not sure which direction to go. I plan on using it in Florida and thinking king mackerel and dolphin. Is this the right spinner for that? If so what would be a good rod for this setup? I'm sure my other reels can handle most grouper, if not it will be a fun fight.

Nick

Newell Nut

For the 10500 and any surface fish you want to catch then the choice is Hercules GTS80 15-30 or the GTS80H 30-60. Either one can cast 3 or 4 oz jigs well and plenty of backbone in each. I use them both and hard to pick a favorite. Seeker is kind of proud of them but they are great rods.

thorhammer

Nick what do you think about done sort of deal on those accuplates? That's about what I'd have in parts to send you a Penn matching Thorhammer. Pm me if you are interested, I have Gutts Butt blanks which are no longer available that I can build out for you to use 30 mono or 65 lb braid and that setup will catch any king or Mahi ever made.

J