Squidder Magnum parts question. UPDATE

Started by JRD, October 15, 2016, 05:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I'm rebuilding a squidder Magnum I've had put away for years and thought I had all the stainless parts ready to go.  I forgot it does not take the jigmaster yoke or eccentric jack plate.  The yoke is a 12-55 and the jack plate is an 11-200.  I actually need two of the jack plates, it's the same as in my pro gear 255.  Here is a comparison picture.  Anybody have these in stainless or know where I can find em?

UPDATE. So I had spare time on my hands and looked.  Seems the Penn 209m uses the 12-55 yoke in stainless and the 11-155 eccentric jack plate in stainless.  Not the same part number as what's in there (11-200) but nearly identical.  Works without mods.  So now this reel is all stainless internally.  Next is my Pro-Gear 255 which I believe needs the same jack plate.

Bill B

Thanks for the information....Always good to know this kind of stuff  :D Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ron Jones

Are you gonna run 5:1 gears?
Awesome little reel that.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

JRD

Yes Ron a set of BP gears and a 5 stack.  Why not turn a $40 reel into a $300 reel, it's only money.

ReelFishingProblems

I bought a beautiful gold Squidder magnum from Randy not too long ago, and just opened it up.
It has stock jigmaster bridge and gears. I do believe it's time to put some more money on the insides of this sweet little reel.

David Hall

its an awesome little reel that can easily be fished with 15lbs of drag.